Z3 coupe project!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z3 coupe project!

Few bits on order from the states to set the ball rolling, opted for the different plate holder, unsure if it was on later models or a extra!? But I prefer the look. Lock will be removed and smoothed over. Boot spoiler and front splitter also sourced. Still nothing on the ACS II (rocking horse sh*t).

Opted to step up the Z3M wheels to 18, no idea when this will be done, but it's possible and I just need to wait for my guy to get time.

Pics attached.

Also one of my previous car. What to expect.

Note* it's not a genuine Z3M, so not too much hate please :)
    Also someone asked how much I paid for it! 14k.
    Last edited by Jimboz3m; 10-06-2018, 08:56 PM.

I think the number plate holder pictured is a US version

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
      I think the number plate holder pictured is a US version
      I think you may be right, don't think I've seen one in the uk. Just been looking through your threa. Excellent work! You going for a concours win this year!? I do a lot of shows, would love to see it in the flesh! Think I have a few pics of some I've seen on my travels at shows.

Comment

Think I seen this at show in Newcastle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimboz3m View Post
          I think you may be right, don't think I've seen one in the uk. Just been looking through your threa. Excellent work! You going for a concours win this year!? I do a lot of shows, would love to see it in the flesh! Think I have a few pics of some I've seen on my travels at shows.

Thanks hopefully will be doing concours again this year but depends on where and when they are

forum members Dakar

Comment

Those split-rim Roadstars look brilliant.

Splitter looks ok too, though I prefer the ACS Flippers which are still available new.

US-style plate holder looks ok sometimes, other times it looks too big stuck out of the boot. I personally wouldn't do it; the Euro central handle and lock looks better. A smooth rear bumper without number plate light would look nice though (perhaps a subtle downlight fitted under the boot handle would work to replace it?).

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
              Those split-rim Roadstars look brilliant.

Splitter looks ok too, though I prefer the ACS Flippers which are still available new.

US-style plate holder looks ok sometimes, other times it looks too big stuck out of the boot. I personally wouldn't do it; the Euro central handle and lock looks better. A smooth rear bumper without number plate light would look nice though (perhaps a subtle downlight fitted under the boot handle would work to replace it?).
              I was gonna opt for BBS but the oem wheels are far to nice they in my opinion are some of the best loooking wheels BMW have made. Be good to put my own spin on them.

I too like the flippers, you can still get them off the ACS website? Splitter will just be a template really, see if it can be modified and made up of carbon fibre at a later date.

The plate holder has just landed, so il have to see what me and the bodyshop can come up with :) bumper light will be taken out and smoothed like you say.

Someone pointed out the issues with the rear, the wheels stick out more than it should due to the setup of the 2.8, is it a quick fix, or do I have to wait for a full rear axle to pop up somewhere?

Comment

If you're going to 18s the offset of the 2.8 will probably be easier for you as it will give you more choice. Low offset rims are a bit limited, although it does give scope for a big dish.

Comment

That is Jess Robson's car

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Couple of little bits!

Got the four centre caps for £40! Much needed, the old ones are corroded to hell. New M badge was much needed also, mine has faded badly, been told you can get a sticker, but would prefer new. Asked for a replacement boot cover, mine isn't a M version so looking for one, £300 plus vat at my local BMW although that was off the top of his head price. Il have a guess that it costs more.

Comment

Note* it's not a genuine Z3M, so not too much hate please :)
                      http://z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread...light=M+badges

Hello Jimbo, sorry to be a bully but I couldn't help myself...

Best of luck with your project all the same

When you say 'boot cover' do you mean the retractable fabric part that pulls across or the plastic tail trim panel?
                      Last edited by guido; 11-01-2017, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post
                        http://z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread...light=M+badges

Hello Jimbo, sorry to be a bully but I couldn't help myself...
                        Cruel. But while we're here... ;)

Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                        ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                        Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

To warrant a M Badge, a car must have a bespoke M engine. This is the law!

Misuse of the badge is very sad and makes the driver look like a plonker, BMW take note.
                          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Someone pointed out the issues with the rear, the wheels stick out more than it should due to the setup of the 2.8, is it a quick fix, or do I have to wait for a full rear axle to pop up somewhere?
                            James, is this not the perfect opportunity to create a special one-off Coupe, with either an S65 or S85 shoe-horned in under the bonnet with rear axle etc etc to suit?
                            I think the car would be well suited to it as it isn't an M Coupe, and the few who are being mean due to the fact it's not a proper 'M' car, may start to change their tune!

Comment

2.8 and 3.0 engines are primed and ready for supercharging much more easily than the 3.2.

Comment

Working...
                              X