• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silver S50 Ebay Auction

Silver S50 Cat D on Ebay,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-Z3-M-C...item28008f6469

Hi there,
    Been a while since I visited the forum. I currently have a z4m coupe and started to feel the need for a z3m again.
    Does anyone know this car. I wouldn't mind one that needs some work to get right if I manage to acquire at the right price. Can anyone tell me what is a reasonable price for her?

thanks in advance.

kerstien

Comment

Originally posted by kerstien View Post
      Hi there,
      Been a while since I visited the forum. I currently have a z4m coupe and started to feel the need for a z3m again.
      Does anyone know this car. I wouldn't mind one that needs some work to get right if I manage to acquire at the right price. Can anyone tell me what is a reasonable price for her?

thanks in advance.

kerstien
      I had a search on the forum and couldn't find anything for this car, prices are all over the place at the moment with some cars reaching much more than expected and others falling well short so really difficult to value this one.

Comment

classy plate

X-Lax

Lovely plate for those who need to get things moving!
        Imola Red S50, as standard except for a front strut brace.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
          I had a search on the forum and couldn't find anything for this car, prices are all over the place at the moment with some cars reaching much more than expected and others falling well short so really difficult to value this one.
          Thanks for checking....much appreciated!
          I asked about the damage and the seller mentioned that the bonnet, bumper and one headlight. he mentioned it was cosmetic and still drives well. Only prob is that I wouldn't be able to inspect till after the auction.

From the photos posted and the description would it best to stay clear or do you think it's worth a shot? I know it's probably a silly question but more like a gut feeling if any

I want to keep the z4m so not ready to spend the top prices mint ones are going for.

thanks again for any help.

kerstien

Comment

I'd go with my gut feeling, must be worth a shot!

Comment

With a cat car sellers will always say light damage bolt on repair only.... Imo you have to go in with yours eyes open which means personally inspecting the car.

Comment

The seller would have taken £9000 when the auction started as I asked if he would end early, wonder what it will make.

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated.
                  The worst part of it is that the seller has only answered one of the 3messages I sent

Kerstien

Comment

The worst part of it is that the seller has only answered one of the 3messages I sent
                    Which in itself is probably a sign
                    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Yes that crossed my mind

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
                      Which in itself is probably a sign

Comment

the only logic for buying a cat D car blind would be that if you were willing and confident to part it out to make a profit in the event it was a dog.

as others have said, i would push to inspect it.

Comment

Kerstien
                          You need to go have a look, cat D is most likely cosmetic damage

Comment

Having a look isn't an option as I'm overseas. Seller replied said he's going to check if he has photos and possibly send an audio clip of the engine running.
                            Seeing photos of the damage would help me decide!

Originally posted by greenelekta View Post
                            You need to go have a look, cat D is most likely cosmetic damage

Comment

Where is the car based? Is there anybody close by that could take a look for you? On the forum perhaps?
                              Current Rides: Estoril '99 S50 Z3 M Coupe, Black '11 Range Rover Sport HSE, Guards Red '91 Porsche 964 Cabriolet
                              Former Rides: Carbon Black/Kiwi '02 E46 M3 Convertible, Sprint Blue/Black '04 RS4 Convertible, Sterling Grey/Black '04 Alpina Roadster S (No. 67), Hyper Blue/Black '04 Mini Cooper S Convertible, Chilli Red/Black '04 Works Mini Cooper S

Comment

Working...
                              X