Z3MCoupe.com Forums

Go Back   Z3MCoupe.com Forums > Z3MCoupé.com Forums > For Sale or Wanted
HOME Gallery Register Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-2017, 09:13 PM

Car-e-Cover arrived from Germany and is perfect.

Old 06-10-2017, 08:38 AM

Probably a stupid question, but do these covers leave any marks when fitting and removing on he paintwork? lacquer is so soft these days it doesn't take much to mark it.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_w View Post
Probably a stupid question, but do these covers leave any marks when fitting and removing on he paintwork? lacquer is so soft these days it doesn't take much to mark it.
If it is only ever put on when the cover is clean it will be OK. If not the cover itself can hold dirt which will scratch when putting on and removing.

I have an expensive Covercraft WeatherShield HP cover which I do not use now as it was causing more issues than it was solving scratches being one of them. In my garage it seemed to hold condensation under it in winter which was my biggest concern.

I now just accept it gets a bit dusty instead!
Old 06-10-2017, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c_w View Post
No.
I have used them on a number of cars with no problems - they're great
Old 06-10-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maph View Post
If it is only ever put on when the cover is clean it will be OK. If not the cover itself can hold dirt which will scratch when putting on and removing.

I have an expensive Covercraft WeatherShield HP cover which I do not use now as it was causing more issues than it was solving scratches being one of them. In my garage it seemed to hold condensation under it in winter which was my biggest concern.

The perfect stretch indoor car-e-covers are lightweight, machine washable and breathable so retain no moisture.
Old 06-10-2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guido View Post
The perfect stretch indoor car-e-covers are lightweight, machine washable and breathable so retain no moisture.
That's good. The covercraft one I have is for outdoors and indoors and again are supposed to be breathable but it proved to not be breathable enough. Perhaps there was not enough airflow to keep the cover 'breathing'.

My garage itself is dry so it was purely condensation that was causing the issue on cold days. With the cover off it does not seem to suffer from any.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkey$ View Post
Car-e-Cover arrived from Germany and is perfect.

Looks good
Old 06-10-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maph View Post

That's always been my thoughts on car covers, perhaps ok for short term use, perhaps to cover the car for a few days before a show or something to stop dusty, but long term I always felt it wasn't god for it.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:58 AM
Administrator

I have used a soft indoor cover on my coupe for the last few years (up to last year due to buying a carcoon) and had no issues at all and the cover has been on for 6 months at a time.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave P View Post
I have used a soft indoor cover on my coupe for the last few years (up to last year due to buying a carcoon) and had no issues at all and the cover has been on for 6 months at a time.
How do you find the Carcoon Dave? Is it the Veloce one you have? I have been thinking about getting one or possibly an Airflow Air Chamber. Be good to know your thoughts on it

Tags
cover