• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting it's only for vehicles between sunset and sunrise

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Hello all,

This is my car if anyone has any questions - doesn't necessarily have to be people who want to buy, I'm happy just to talk shop about it :)

-Ben
      Last edited by bt456; 04-04-2017, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by yalden View Post
        Totally irrelevant but I can't help but wonder whether the discrepancy between the front and rear registration plate is intentional...
        Just been made aware of this today - cannot believe I haven't spotted it (totally unintentional!)

The correct plate is RIG 5610. New front plate on order (and a full size rear plate supplied with the car).

-Ben

Comment

Originally posted by bt456 View Post
          Hello all,

This is my car if anyone has any questions - doesn't necessarily have to be people who want to buy, I'm happy just to talk shop about it :)

-Ben
          how much is it ?
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

No fixed number in my head. I know what it stands me at and we are a way off yet on the auction. How much do you guys think its worth out of curiosity?
            Regards
            Ben

Comment

If it had been painted Estoril Blue & had a S50 engine £26,000.

As it is I think £15,000 is a good bid.

Just my opinion but from my 25 years in the trade anything like the M coupe needs to be original.

Comment

I agree with the point about originality. However even if I had reverted to an S50 it wouldn't be numbers matching and Estoril would still be a colour change. Surely the superior engine and arguably one of the best/rarest colours gives it an edge?
                Its certainly been a fun project for me anyway. It was almost an S62 conversion too at one point....

-Ben

Comment

Matching numbers???
                  I think you've been watching too much TV.
                  When was the last time someone bought a car & checked the engine number.
                  I thought the original colour was Estoril, however if it was returned to factory colour & engine 99% of potential buyers wouldn't know. The other 1% has been looking for one for years & will never fine an example good enough, unless Dave sells his.
                  Last edited by Walk; 06-04-2017, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
                    Matching numbers???
                    For a car like this and considering the prices that some are now commanding, I wouldn't rule it out. With certain older/rarer/high value cars I would always cross-check the numbers if it's possible without getting it up on a lift/taking parts off.

Comment

Originally posted by Walk View Post
                      Matching numbers???
                      I thought the original colour was Estoril, however if it was returned to factory colour & engine 99% of potential buyers wouldn't know. The other 1% has been looking for one for years & will never fine an example good enough, unless Dave sells his.
                      Originally posted by guido View Post
                      For a car like this and considering the prices that some are now commanding, I wouldn't rule it out. With certain older/rarer/high value cars I would always cross-check the numbers if it's possible without getting it up on a lift/taking parts off.
                      Guilty - love a bit of Discovery Channel

But yes if I were in the market to buy a Z3M or similar and it wasn't declared as having an engine change I'd probably be checking engine numbers amongst everything else - especially if I was buying an average priced (30k+) example

-Ben

Comment

Funnily enough yesterday saw a personal registration on a car RIG 8826.
                        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
                        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
                        1986 M635
                        1985 E28 M5
                        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by guido View Post

Have h seen where the engine number is guys ?
                          You would never see it in a million years
                          Unless your a midget and. An see round corners
                          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                            Have h seen where the engine number is guys ?
                            You would never see it in a million years
                            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                              https://www.amazon.co.uk/Shekar-Endo...pection+camera

I fear we have gone a bit off-topic
                              Last edited by guido; 07-04-2017, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Car didn't appear to sell at £19,100.00 bid.
                                S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Working...
                                X