No announcement yet.

S54 throttle response and hesitation when cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FWIW, my S54 has this lumpiness, spluttering and occasional kangarooing when cold. For me it seems to be the Eisenmanns as it does not do it with the factory pipes on. I put it down to the lack of back-pressure in the Eisenmanns and not getting the chimney like draw untill they are warmed up. Could be tosh, but its my theory :)

When wamr though, no issues and a sweet sweet sound!

Comment

Trundler - prob not what you want to hear but the issue seemed to disappear on its own after posting. I never got the throttle actuators replaced in the end as a result and a subsequent visit to CPC to have a second diagnostics check run showed no errors at all.

I'd say siwilson's last post rings true for me and links to my last on this thread as well about outside weather conditions playing a part. Car is running very nicely at the moment - very responsive - and has been since the warmer weather kicked in.

When the summer ends I'll be monitoring it again but for now all appears ok.
      ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
      now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

Comment

damn!! :)
        I get the hesitation and very recently the car has started stalling when pulling up to roundabouts, t-junctions etc: when i drop out of gear the rev's die very quickly, dropping to 0 and sometimes bouncing back to idle, other times stalling.
        This morning, after 2 stalls the engine warning light came on - had the code read; appears to be the inlet cam sensor, so will get this and the thottle sensor changed (total approx £230) - tho which throttle sensor will be changed is anyones guess
        The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
        RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Originally posted by Trundler View Post
          damn!! :)
          I get the hesitation and very recently the car has started stalling when pulling up to roundabouts, t-junctions etc: when i drop out of gear the rev's die very quickly, dropping to 0 and sometimes bouncing back to idle, other times stalling.
          This morning, after 2 stalls the engine warning light came on - had the code read; appears to be the inlet cam sensor, so will get this and the thottle sensor changed (total approx £230) - tho which throttle sensor will be changed is anyones guess
          You have checked the idle control valve ? I had this on another car and it turned out to be a blocked valve. I've also had this on a turbo car where a pipe had collapsed but the pressure held it up until you let off the throttle. Might be worth checking valves / airways etc.
          Ex 2001 S54
          New cars:
          Lotus Carlton
          350Z

Comment

Last edited by shogg; 16-06-2010, 08:07 PM. Reason: sorry answered to the wrong post

Comment

Thread revival….
              I never did resolve the lumpiness/ hesitation when cold.
              I've just had a bunch of things done to the car and for some preemptive work changed all the coil packs. Can’t say if that was the cause but it’s now 70% better I’d say. Still there, but now feels like it’s a genuine characteristic rather than something slightly off and pulls better across the range.

Edit - Actually I’d say it’s now 90% better - runs beautifully now.
              Last edited by Seca Blue; 21-07-2021, 05:06 PM.
              S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

Comment

Working...
              X