Reg plate adhesive tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg plate adhesive tape

I have some of the pressed metal, legal, reg plates on my Golf but can I get the sods to stay stuck on....no I bloody can't

Can anyone recommend some strong reg plate adhesive that will actually hold them? The stickers are sticking to the plastic bumper like the proverbial to a blanket, but give it a few days and a bit of rain and they keep pulling away from the metal plate.

Cheers
    Ian
    2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

I don't think it will be the quality of the stickers that's the issue I think it will be the finish on the number plate.
    I'd try T-cutting both the bumper & number plate first to remove any polish etc

If that fails get the drill out!

Comment

Silicone may grab well, but would require some tape on the outside face of the reg plate to hold it in position whilst it cures.

Similar to above, it might be worth lightly sanding the back of the plate (as long as this won't damage the text) to give the tape/sealant something to bond to.

Comment

I was going to sandpaper it today actually but took the MC out for a drive instead!!

I'll try stickers again after a sandpaper, if not it'll be out with the No More Nails
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I didn't have any bother sticking mine on the MC mate, not even on the curved front.

I've a large roll of the stuff I used but I'm not sure how I could post you a section of it without it sticking to everything I'll have a look and see if I can sort anything and let you know. It's years old but still strong as hell.
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Working...
          X