X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car fest 2017

Car Fest North and South 2017

http://view.e.seetickets.com/?qs=f75...0629bbf72eb7c7

Went to the south one this year with Martin Very disappointed! More food stands than car stands
    Last edited by BMBabe; 13-11-2016, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BMBabe View Post
      Went to the south one this year with Martin Very disappointed! More food stands than car stands
      I must admit not been since the first North one in 2012(?) but I thought it was great, but have heard from people who have been most years it got too busy the last couple of years.

Comment

I went to the 2013 event at Oulton Park, did the Saturday & Sunday.

Plus side - some great cars there, some interesting displays (Bloodhound SSC for instance), Russ/Paul Swift and display laps. Some great sideshows for kids to keep them interested, JCB Digger show etc.

Down side - Sunday was a virtual repeat of Saturdays show so one day would have been enough. Certain car clubs seemed to be favoured, Aston Martin, Jaguar and they got a lap of the circuit. Only one decent BMW there a Batwing CSL.

Yes there was a lot of food and drinks stalls which we did make use of!!

Don't know what new CarFest North location at Bolesworth Estate in Cheshire is like in comparison to Oulton Park.
        Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
        2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
        1986 M635
        1985 E28 M5
        1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

I think the large presence of music and food stalls (and other activites for children etc) are a must as it's billed as a family-friendly car festival rather than "just" a car show.

Comment

I have read its expensive for clubs to display at the Fests so spaces especially with the BMW car club have been very limited

Comment

Yea, it's definitely not as "clubby" as Silverstone Classic with little pockets of independent clubs dotted about, it's more about high end and large sponsors. Still a great show the one I went to though.

Comment

Working...
              X