Random alarm trigger help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random alarm trigger help

Anyone had this? Occasionally when I park up and lock my car the alarm sounds approx 3-5 minutes after locking, no windows or doors open etc. If I just unlock and lock again the alarm sounds again after 3-5 mins but if I start car then switch off and lock up the alarm doesn't sound. Any ideas or similar experiences? I must add it has only happened twice in two weeks.
    Thanks,
    Ben.

Oh and checked bonnet switch and all looks good.

Comment

Suggest replace the bonnet switch
      S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Originally posted by ian View Post
        Suggest replace the bonnet switch
        You can simply disconnect the bonnet switch to see if it's faulty. If the alarm still triggers then it's not the bonnet switch, if it doesn't then it is.
        1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
          You can simply disconnect the bonnet switch to see if it's faulty. If the alarm still triggers then it's not the bonnet switch, if it doesn't then it is.
          How is this done sorry ?

Comment

Here's a couple pics that might help. These are on a 99 US S52 model but should be applicable. The first pic is the switch location. The second shows the tab (under my thumbnail) on the connector that you push down to release the connector from the switch. Since there is a water resistant silicone grommet in the connector you have to pull it with some force to get it free.
            Attached Files

Comment

Another common culprit is the radio switch. Often knocked out of position when the head unit is changed. This can also be disconnected. Remove the radio and you'll see a hole where the 'finger' on the rear of the radio goes. The switch is behind there.

Comment

Originally posted by marty505 View Post
                Here's a couple pics that might help. These are on a 99 US S52 model but should be applicable. The first pic is the switch location. The second shows the tab (under my thumbnail) on the connector that you push down to release the connector from the switch. Since there is a water resistant silicone grommet in the connector you have to pull it with some force to get it free.
                Thank you :)

Comment

Thanks everyone, now sorted. Bought a new alarm sensor from bmw for £10 and also a new interior dimmer/light switch as this was starting to play up too. I find it amazing how most of these cars suffer from the same little niggles over time. Also find it amazing how much people want for used car parts on eBay...alarm sensor switches used= £12 plus postage! New from bmw= £10. Same when I bought some bits for my other car too, moral of the story...never assume eBay is cheapest.

Comment

Working...
                  X