X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car will not unlock via remote key fob

Guys,

I've got a bit of a problem

Went out this morning to unlock the car using the usual standard fob and nothing happened. Since then I have tried numerous times to unlock it from the fob including using the spares keys but have had no joy. I've replaced the battery as well and the car simply refuses to open.

I've also tried opening the car manually using the lock on the door but by the looks of it the mechanism has come off lock

I have even had a go at using the boot lock. The key went into the lock but the lock doesn't turn.

So technically I've locked myself out of the car even though I have the keys in my hands

Is there any suggestions as to why the car is not opening using the remote fob?

Is there anyway I can get into the car without smashing a window? As it stands right now it might only be the viable option

Any help would be much appreciated

Strange one...... if I had to guess i would say that your battery (in the car not fob) is completely dead..... could be wrong....seems strange that you cannot open it with the key, I would have thought that even if you were having to turn the key against locking acuators without power they would still turn albeit with alot of resistance.

Do not resort to breaking a window....... If you have breakdown cover get them out, they should be able to get into the car without damage. They tend to pull the glazing out at the top of the door and using a rod with a hook open using the door handle. If this does not work due to it being deadlocked (not sure if the ZMs have deadlocks) and they can get to the bonnet release they should be able to pop the bonnet and lower the windows from the fuse box.

From experience it took the AA just over an hour to get into my C70 coupe after I locked my keys in the boot.

If you do not have breakdown find someone who does that covers any car.....or take out a policy and wait a few days..... look at it as a initiation for your custom.

Best of luck
    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
      Do not resort to breaking a window.......
      I've got a spare one if you do... Very cheap... LOL

Comment

Not sure how you are going to get in but once you do....

Try starting the car a few times, and if that doesn't work disconnecting the battery. Sometimes it just gets out of sync somehow.
        Ex 2001 S54
        New cars:
        Lotus Carlton
        350Z

Comment

Working...
        X