Eisenmann or Supersprint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eisenmann or Supersprint?

I'am looking to replace my exhaust and was wondering which of the 2 above most people on here prefer? Any input would be vary helpful.

i had supersprint hamann ,very nice and little improve at high speed.
    loud is good,in pratical dont seems an aftermaket exaust an stock m3 e92 loud more of mine.. but not metallic instead of Eisenmann

Probabily next time add decat center section ,i like to much the rasp!
    www.fastdrive.org
    S50 black/black-red In Rome
    Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

I think the problem is those with Supersprint will say supersrpint and those with Eisenmann (like me) will say those.

They are both good as far as I'm concerned.

I have the Eisenmann Race and for a hobby car they are superb and bring a smile to my face like driving an F430 in sport mode, loud and people turn around from miles away to see whats coming but as an everyday drive they may be a little tiring. The sport version is quieter but still louder than OEM.

The other consideration is tailpipe diameter, I have the 76mm(or is it 78mm?) which is slightly wider than stock and is my preferred choice. The larger (I think 82mm) need some bumper trimming due to heat transfer I think.
      VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Supersprint would be my choice of the two

Comment

Eisenman

But like Jhn says I'm biased :-)
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
            I think the problem is those with Supersprint will say supersrpint and those with Eisenmann (like me) will say those.

They are both good as far as I'm concerned.

I have the Eisenmann Race and for a hobby car they are superb and bring a smile to my face like driving an F430 in sport mode, loud and people turn around from miles away to see whats coming but as an everyday drive they may be a little tiring. The sport version is quieter but still louder than OEM.

The other consideration is tailpipe diameter, I have the 76mm(or is it 78mm?) which is slightly wider than stock and is my preferred choice. The larger (I think 82mm) need some bumper trimming due to heat transfer I think.
            Jon, take it both the Eisenmann Sport and Race and just backbox replacements?

Dont suppose you have a sound clip of the Race one on your car, would be keen to hear what it sounds like. If found this clip below on youtube, is this close to the sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZrvb98kWnk

Comment

My Supersprint sounds lovelly and is not loud at all which I'm sure you would quickly tire of.

Comment

Originally posted by issproking View Post
                Jon, take it both the Eisenmann Sport and Race and just backbox replacements?

Dont suppose you have a sound clip of the Race one on your car, would be keen to hear what it sounds like. If found this clip below on youtube, is this close to the sound?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZrvb98kWnk
                Yep thats pretty close to it, the problem with soundclips and speakers if they don't replicate the deeper note in real life but thats as close as I've heard to the Race sound. Watch the video of mine linked in my signature past the credits and there is a soundclip of the exhaust BUT it does sound louder and boomier in the flesh ;-)

and yes just back box on mine
                Last edited by Jonttt; 28-04-2012, 05:16 PM.
                VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                  Supersprint would be my choice of the two
                  Dave, do you have a reason why ? Looks, build quality, noise, etc.... ?

I'm interested because I had already narrowed my choice down to Eisenmann or Supersprint for my first Z3m and finally decided on the Eisenmann and was about to order but then bought a car with it already fitted

I thought the eisenmanns have superb build quality (nothing wrong with the supersprints though) but looked that bit better fitted which of course is subjective but then the sound (in race spec) mmmmmmmmmmmm
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                    Dave, do you have a reason why ? Looks, build quality, noise, etc.... ?

I'm interested because I had already narrowed my choice down to Eisenmann or Supersprint for my first Z3m and finally decided on the Eisenmann and was about to order but then bought a car with it already fitted

I thought the eisenmanns have superb build quality (nothing wrong with the supersprints though) but looked that bit better fitted which of course is subjective but then the sound (in race spec) mmmmmmmmmmmm
                    from what I have read the Supersprint is one of the few aftermarket exhausts for the M Coupe to give a power increase with others actually giving a drop,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ht=supersprint
                    Last edited by Dave P; 29-04-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

i choose hamann because payed 550euro new...
                      I remember c_w linked some years ago an japan exaust loud very nice,like an ferrari...
                      Anyway there is an thread on bimmerforum z3 section whit all exaust on z3m
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0pc4uI5YqE
                      this is the mine
                      My 2 cents,it's an piece of metal 1000 euros for me seems very eccessive,find an used an saved almost the half...
                      www.fastdrive.org
                      S50 black/black-red In Rome
                      Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

If you can find a set, recommend Remus - top quality (and they made the ACS exhaust too back in the day...)

Comment

Supersprint Race FTW ;)
                          I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
                          sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                            from what I have read the Supersprint is one of the few aftermarket exhausts fot the M Coupe to give a power increase with others actually giving a drop,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ht=supersprint
                            If 2Hp influences your decision fair enough but looks and sound did it for me. I guess having the rev limit raised more than made up for it lol.
                            VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Supersprint - Proven power gains/ OEM+ sound

Eisenmann - Exotic noise / appearance / enthusiast kudos

I was always after either or...both have advantages imo
                              Last edited by shantybeater; 30-04-2012, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X