Update: S54 mods & S50 Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update: S54 mods & S50 Mods

Its been a while so here it goes, the S54 is done...no more mods :)

As for the S50, still a work in progress...but there is progress...I wish I visited Dubai more often to put pressure on the shop....

Hopefully the S50 will be sorted out by the end of this month or next....will put up some pics when its done...
    BMW Polygamy
    1988 E30 M3: stolen Zinnabarot/Tan
    1991 850Ci: Sold.
    1999 M Coupe: Sold
    2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
    2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

The S54 is looking good! You trunk looks weird to me though.. American?

Whats the plan for the S50? just a resto?
    '99 Z3 ///M Coupe
    '09 997 GT2

Comment

Looks very clean! (Needs lowering and spacers IMO )

Comment

Originally posted by MCoupe321 View Post
        The S54 is looking good! You trunk looks weird to me though.. American?

Whats the plan for the S50? just a resto?
        Yes American....I removed the housing for the license plate because it doesn't really fit a Saudi regular plate (you have to trim it) and I wanted the long plate...it just barely fits under the hatch lock.

The S50 is getting almost everything the S54 got (basically that list in the signature, if you compare the two you will see the difference, both cars were stock last year). I also had it re-sprayed.

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        Looks very clean! (Needs lowering and spacers IMO )
        Spacers maybe :) but I won't be lowering it because of the poor actually horrendous road conditions here (major potholes, non-unified speed bumps, sink holes, uneven pavement and strange inclines)...otherwise I might lose those AC Schnitzer flippers...

Thanks for commenting
        Last edited by racer mxm; 09-06-2013, 10:16 AM.
        BMW Polygamy
        2002 M Coupe: (US Spec, S54) Custom Black/Black, Powerflo Headers, UUC short shift, RK6A, RAID silberfil, 3.73 LSD, Randy Forbes sub-frame kit, ACS splitters & roof wing, rear diffuser, SSR GT3 18" wheels
        2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by racer mxm View Post

Snap re the Raid wheel with silver stitching. I'v just fitted one to the 993 though 365mm v 340mm I have in the Z3.

What do you think of the smaller / thicker wheel to drive ?
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
            What do you think of the smaller / thicker wheel to drive ?
            Honestly, it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo fantastic....changed the characteristics completely...feels (because I am not sure if its just my brain) more responsive...no play like before and you tend to keep both hands on the wheel because it feels oh-so-good. Many thanks to the organiser of the group buy and to you Jon because those instructions were invaluable.
            BMW Polygamy
            2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Glad you like it. It is THE best mod I've done to the Z3m
              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post
                Glad you like it. It is THE best mod I've done to the Z3m
                Next to the 3.73LSD it is my favorite mod with the ACS parts coming in 3rd and the SSR GT3 wheels coming in 4th....regarding the steering wheel, I am thinking about putting this on....thoughts?

BMW Polygamy
                2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Next to the 3.73LSD it is my favorite mod with the ACS parts coming in 3rd and the SSR GT3 wheels coming in 4th....regarding the steering wheel, I am thinking about putting this on....thoughts?
                  Did you get the LSD locally? I'm contemplating a 3.73 or 3.91 for mine..
                  '99 Z3 ///M Coupe
                  '09 997 GT2

Comment

Originally posted by MCoupe321 View Post
                    Did you get the LSD locally? I'm contemplating a 3.73 or 3.91 for mine..
                    No, I bought it off some guy in the states and shipped it to my shop-and-ship account...cost me big to get it to KSA I think twice as much as the LSD cost me lol...I also got a 3.91 M5 LSD for my 850...
                    BMW Polygamy
                    2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

These SSR wheels really suit the Coupe nicely.

What is the width and offset front and rear please? 225/40 and 265/35 tyres?

Comment

Originally posted by sk8flex View Post
                        These SSR wheels really suit the Coupe nicely.

What is the width and offset front and rear please? 225/40 and 265/35 tyres?
                        Thanks for the compliment

Front: 18 x 8.5 et43
                        Rear: 18 x 10.0 et24

Front 235
                        Rear 275 I think or 265 (went back and forth with garage so I forgot...will check and let you know)
                        BMW Polygamy
                        2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

So, I put the sticker on the Raid steering wheel and this is how it came out...

Yeah, not sure I will keep it....it looks a bit over the top...thoughts?
                          BMW Polygamy
                          2006 Mini Cooper Sold

sigpic

Comment

Looks too big for me mate, plus over here in the UK the M logo is plastered on virtually every BMW (and the occasional Merc!) so less M is more for me.

I meant to look out for a slightly smaller BMW logo than the one on the OE wheel, but haven't. Agree that the Raid wheel could do with something there though
                            Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                            ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                            Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Yeah, not sure I will keep it....it looks a bit over the top...thoughts?
                              Don´t keep it, the interior looks way more classy without it.

Comment

Working...
                              X