hazard lights flashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hazard lights flashing

as the title says,when i park up after a drive and lock up a few minuites later the hazards are flashing.this is intermitent but has been 3 times tonight.i have w.d. sprayed hazard switch but have heard that it could be a battery in an alarm siren,new to me.any one have similar problem cheers

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
    as the title says,when i park up after a drive and lock up a few minuites later the hazards are flashing.this is intermitent but has been 3 times tonight.i have w.d. sprayed hazard switch but have heard that it could be a battery in an alarm siren,new to me.any one have similar problem cheers
    Sounds like your alarm is going off and your siren isn't sounding / working. My car has the same thing but you have to tilt / shake the car before the indicators flash. I assume my siren has disconnected over the years

Comment

Hi there, fairly common on these is the bonnet plunger switch - it's just to the right hand side at the front as you look at the engine bay from in front of the car (to the right of the rad). You can simply disconnect the plunger switch and it should eradicate these false alarms. Obviously the alarm system will no longer detect if someone forces the bonnet open, so you could also replace the switch - but in order to identify that as the source of the fault, disconnect it and see if the problem persists. Fingers crossed that's it...

Comment

Originally posted by matrix View Post
        Hi there, fairly common on these is the bonnet plunger switch - it's just to the right hand side at the front as you look at the engine bay from in front of the car (to the right of the rad). You can simply disconnect the plunger switch and it should eradicate these false alarms. Obviously the alarm system will no longer detect if someone forces the bonnet open, so you could also replace the switch - but in order to identify that as the source of the fault, disconnect it and see if the problem persists. Fingers crossed that's it...
        Very likely thismine went off at 3am in the morning a few years ago in a posh hotel carpark. The night porter came and woke me up.
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

thank you for replies i will try the switch today,cheers

Comment

Working...
          X