Very quiet alarm issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very quiet alarm issue.

Went to check the battery today as she’s been laid up for a few days. Started fine but when I switched off, got out and locked the car I could hear what sounded like a distant car alarm going off. Turns out this was my car alarm going off.

The alarm sounds for 20-30 secs, stops for 10 secs then starts again. Very quietly - as though it’s a few streets away. I’ve added a link below...

https://youtu.be/ymHmF015nsI

Anybody else experienced this? Could it be a switch. And why so low in volume?

I’m sure it also happened before I took the battery out 10 days ago when a I discovered it drained. If not though, could it be because I removed the battery and replaced after recharging?
    Last edited by inkey$; 18-03-2018, 05:46 PM.
    S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Cant remember hearing of a low volume siren before mainly alarm issues are caused by a faulty bonnet switch but sounds like its the alarm box itself which is on its way out?

Comment

I’ve only heard of low volume issue when back up battery is dying and main battery disconnected.
      1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

It’s really odd. I have the car booked in for new springs next week, so will ask them to investigate the issue then.
        S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

The alarm is very quiet, it's almost like a central locking bleep.

Comment

Spoken to my go-to guys and first thought is that the alarm has just come to the end of its life. I guess after 20 years it’s maybe decided to give up, meaning complete removal. Are these OEM replaceable?

Anyway, the car is booked in next week for rear springs, so they’ll investigate further then. Will update again after the work is done.
            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X