Car alarm goes off after journeys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car alarm goes off after journeys

For the last couple of months, the alarm has been going off a few minutes after I park up. It doens't seem to do it when the car's cold.

The first instance seemed to coincide with a flat battery. Could a tired battery be the cause of the alarm problem? The battery's held its charge ok since then.

I'm not sure what sensors can trigger the alarm - maybe something's sticking open?

Hopefully this will be covered under the Warranty Direct policy.

Any advice guys?

Thanks
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."

Check the bonnet sensor, this is known to play up.
    A good spray with some WD40 usually does the trick.

Steve.
    2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Mine does that. Try opening bonnet and push the bonnet sensor up and down a few times. This usually does the job on mine.
      Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Thanks Steve, that'll be my first port of call. I suppose vibration could cause the sensor to open and stick for a while. Whereabouts is the sensor btw?

Comment

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...ighlight=alarm
          The M Coupe ... For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Now ... S54: Sapphire Black/Black-Black/HK+6/Cruise/Sun Roof/H~Lamp wash///ACS Road Suspension/Rogue Engineering rear top mounts/Braided clutch hose
          RIP ... S50: Artic Silver/Black-Grey/HK+6/Cruise/Side 'bags/Grad Tint///ACS Short Shift/Strong Strut/K&N/HIDs & Angels

Comment

Brilliant, thanks! (I should have done a search...)

Comment

Just been out to the car park and cleaned/wd40'd the sensor. The alarm's not gone off since. Thanks all!

Comment

Working...
              X