This looks cheap....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon_Bmw View Post
    Interesting Rags, around 10-15%% is the figure I thought a SOR dealer might take. Do you mind saying what the issues were? I am going to guess it was the amount of 'prep' work and the cost of that prep work.

So on an average s54 that 10% figure is circa 3k. So basically either the seller is 'losing' that 3k or the buyer is paying 3k extra over the odds.

3k buys a lot of my time even at £50 per hour. So a few hours to do an advert, 2 days to thoroughly clean it and a few more days dealing with morons. At this point SOR dealers are all screaming that there is loads of prep work they do, but from my understanding the seller will be picking up that bill as well if it is above and beyond 'normal' cleaning. And I bet the seller doesn't pay cost price for that service either!

As a prospective buyer I look at cars at SOR dealerships and think, bollocks, I missed the boat on acquiring that 10-20% cheaper and it would have been a more genuine car and not tarted up pretending it is something it is not.

I just see SOR as a ripe for some serious skullduggery going on behind the scenes unfortunately. I'm cynical I know! Imagine how bad I would be if I had been burnt by one of these arseholes!

Another day, another dollar, well for this SOR dealer anyway...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&t=1682847&i=0

More drama. The amount of times you hear this shite going on, its remarkable. The problem I guess is that people actually believe the patter from the salesman, stuff like

"Or you may feel our brokerage service works for you where we will sell your car for you. We will prepare your vehicle for sale and market it for you in the key areas it needs to be seen. We can then offer full dealership facilities including finance, warranty and part exchange to any clients that are interested in buying your car. This facility enables us to return you a greater figure on your car than if it were a cash sale or private sale."

Get f##ked!! If something sounds too good to be true then....normally it is.

God I hate SOR dealers.

Comment

Sh1t, that's a uni friend of mine.....went go karting with him at the weekend.....better give him a call

Comment

Originally posted by Rags View Post
        Sh1t, that's a uni friend of mine.....went go karting with him at the weekend.....better give him a call
        That's a bummer mate.

:(

F##king arseholes! He really needs to get down there ASAP. I do not believe the story they are spinning about the guy being on holiday. I bet the vast majority (if not all) of the cars are on SOR, which means they cannot just have one guy who is responsible for it. If he gets hit by a bus...

Comment

Working...
        X