Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement Gear Knob

Hi Everyone

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement original illuminated Gear Knob for my MC? Mine is a bit tatty.

While on the subject where does anyone recommend for buying discs/pads - probably going for EBS stuff.

Thanks alot

Originally posted by issproking View Post
    Does anyone know where I can get a replacement original illuminated Gear Knob for my MC? Mine is a bit tatty.
    Ebay. There were a few when I was looking last year.

Through a combination of laziness, ineptitude, stories of problems with the illumination connections shorting the dash, stinginess and finding the illumination mildly irritating I ended up going for an OEM non-illuminating version though. Cost me £30 I think.

Comment

Thanks will have a look

In terms of brake pads It seems reading through the forums that most people go for Ferodo DS2500 or EBC Yellowstuff. What do people recommend in terms of discs? OEM or if you get EBC pads for example would it be a good idea to get EBC discs? Also is it better to get vented discs?

Cheers

Comment

Re gear knob...dosnt need to have a light in it...i think you know where it is..and they only get scratched etc...replace with a nice one from STORM..you will also find your gear changing is far better !

Comment

Had mine replaced under warranty and I managed to pull it off 5 minutes after purchasing the car!

The fact that it lights up is ok as it matches the rest of the dash/lights

However the storm etc knob give an easier shift as the forum members say.
          Last edited by sday12; 01-02-2009, 04:47 PM. Reason: typo
          Ex S50 99 Cosmos Black / Black interior

Comment

Apologies that I should have originally put this post in technical forum, please move it if you want.

After much deliberating I have just gone for a straight replacement gear knob.

What is involved with taking the existing one off? The new gear knob has a wire and connector on it and there is another seperate wire in the box but I am assuming that I just need to connect the wire that is running off the new gear knob to the whatever connection the old gear knob is connected to?

Thanks

Comment

Pull your old one up while twisting and it should come off - will be easy from there.

Comment

my local dealer wanted more to fit an illuminated gear knob than to supply one.....

Comment

They are so simple to fit the ilumination is just a conector ,which simply unclips..takes about 5 mins...personly i would not refit an oem one but as said before use a shorter weighted one such as Storm etc

Comment

Working...
                  X