Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB: Z3 M Coupe finned diff cover

Hi,
    Looking forward to buy an original (new/used) finned diff cover for a '98 Z3 M Coupe.

The ear snapped, and the cover is needed to make the car drivable again.

All offers are welcome!

Had to buy one a few months ago. About £350, part number 33112228335

Comment

Originally posted by greenelekta View Post
      Had to buy one a few months ago. About £350, part number 33112228335
      Cheers, but where did you find one?

During last month I've asked from turner, vac, harrison + multiple european sources, and unfortunately they all say that the covers are currently out of stock.

Comment

Local BMW main dealer ordered from Germany, still available new as far as I know. Where in the world are you?
        Last edited by greenelekta; 12-09-2016, 07:37 PM.

Comment

I have one that you could buy.

Tomorrow AM I will check the condition of the cover, from memory all nice. I will also call BMW to see if the part numbers for an S50 and S54 match.I don't see why not but shall revert.

That ok?

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Local BMW main dealer ordered from Germany, still available new as far as I know. Where in the world are you?
            Oh, ok. I've asked from the local dealer, and they told me the same story that current status is N/A. However, as far as I know, BMW has indicated that they'd produce a batch in fall.

I live in Finland. Still having high hopes to drive the car to its winter storage before snow falls.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
              I have one that you could buy.

Tomorrow AM I will check the condition of the cover, from memory all nice. I will also call BMW to see if the part numbers for an S50 and S54 match.I don't see why not but shall revert.

That ok?
              Hi KnightsG,

That's more than ok. Looking forward to hear good news.

How much you'd be asking for the cover?

Comment

Originally posted by Henxl View Post
                I live in Finland. Still having high hopes to drive the car to its winter storage before snow falls.
                You could fit a standard cover from an e30 just to get you moving till BMW have new stock

Comment

You could fit a standard cover from an e30 just to get you moving till BMW have new stock
                  Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Does this apply to all covers originating from e30 with typ188 diff housing? What are the other changes needed if any; hardware, gasket, impulse wheel, impulse sensor?

Comment

I have checked with BMW for parts availability and no delivery date available for the hanger, most unlike them. I would guess that the manufacturer of the parts is no longer supplying the covers.

They diff hanger fits both the S50 and S54 models, although the part number is slightly different.

Did you get my message about postage options?

Cheers

Russ

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Originally posted by Henxl View Post
                      Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

Does this apply to all covers originating from e30 with typ188 diff housing? What are the other changes needed if any; hardware, gasket, impulse wheel, impulse sensor?
                      Yes, medium case diff from a 325i e30 fits. Hardware swaps straight from your finned cover. I had to do this with my car while waiting for a new cover. I have the e30 cover and you are welcome to it but I guess shipping would be too expensive

Comment

Originally posted by KnightsG View Post
                        I have checked with BMW for parts availability and no delivery date available for the hanger, most unlike them. I would guess that the manufacturer of the parts is no longer supplying the covers.

They diff hanger fits both the S50 and S54 models, although the part number is slightly different.

Did you get my message about postage options?

Cheers

Russ
                        Received and responded :)

Comment

Yes, medium case diff from a 325i e30 fits. Hardware swaps straight from your finned cover. I had to do this with my car while waiting for a new cover. I have the e30 cover and you are welcome to it but I guess shipping would be too expensive
                          Thanks for clarifying above! I've been wondering about this for a while, as I haven't found a solid answer until now.

I appreciate your offer. However, I've managed to find an original replacement, which ticks the right boxes for me.

Comment

Just to let everyone know, these are available from BMW now

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                              Just to let everyone know, these are available from BMW now

I believe they have changed the part number on these, was the price still around £260?

Comment

Working...
                              X