Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MC Sales figures in the UK. Rarer than you think!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless you know someone who has access to DVLA data base then i don't think the info is available, might be wrong though.

Steve.
    2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

Originally posted by LordeRyall
      3 RHD cars came into Singapore.

Of those: 1 written off, 1 exported to Australia and 1 is still here........
      Interesting stats. Mine was originally in Singapore. Came to UK imported by a private dealer.
      ?Came via Australia. UK spec. Not S52 US engine.

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
        Unless you know someone who has access to DVLA data base then i don't think the info is available, might be wrong though.

Steve.
        No I don't but how about a different tact. Do we know of any that have been written off or exported that we can discount? Maybe not, I'm starting to sound like a "nerd"! ops:
        CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

I think this type of question has been raised before, and it is very hard to get a definative answer, you really would only be getting info from people that participate on this forum, and believe it or not, there are some owners who don't know about us on here.
          Would be good though if we could get some real hard facts about numbers etc.

Steve.
          2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

There were 21 RHD S50B32 M Coupes imported into Australia, one of which lives in my garage!
            .-=[ Kenny ]=-.
            1999 BMW M Coupe 10.775 @ 134.35 mph w/1.600 60' (Best 136.07 mph) - pass made 25th August 2004.

Watch my drag racing movies on YouTube.

My stuff for sale

Comment

Originally posted by LordeRyall View Post
              3 RHD cars came into Singapore.

Of those: 1 written off, 1 exported to Australia and 1 is still here........
              Found this thread very interesting back in the day. When I bought my MC, I found out it was ex-Singapore and had paperwork showing it was ordered by a Singapore BMW dealer from BMW UK for direct export to Singapore. So looked up this thread again and think mine was the last remaining MC referred to. With a bit of hunting, was able to track down some discussion of the car in Singapore forums like this thread:

http://www.bmw-sg.com/forums/lounge/...t=coupe+yellow

Anyway, fairly amazing that the cars are rare enough that able to track one online etc.
              2000 Dakar MC
              1999 Cosmos Z3 2.8
              2004 545i Sport

Comment

If one was really keen, I suspect the DVLA would be compelled to respond to a Freedom of Information request on the subject of numbers - at least as far as currently taxed vehicles go. SORN'ed etc might be less easy. The request would have to ask that owner details be omitted because of privacy laws, but as a public agency that could not argue this information is too onerous to collate, they'd be over a barrel.
                Just need the energy to pursue it through the bureaucracy - which is beyond my personal threshold!
                99 S50 Estoril, plated: Z3MC

Comment

Link to 2 later threads discussing UK car sale figures of the ZMC and the numbers of each colour

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9600

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3140
                  Last edited by coupe fan; 06-04-2010, 08:40 PM.
                  Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Hi - fairly recent owner of an MC here in Dubai. (Fm Oct 09) have a Blue Estoril 99 M coupe,(LHD) which gets plenty of attention. One gent offering to buy, but he told myself he had found through enquiries there was about four MC's here - mine being the only one he had actually seen. Several 3ltr coupes seen, and in past year have spotted two LHD M roadsters for sale - one Silver/red, in very good conditon sold for about £10k and recently one black/w I think red interior.

There is only three dealers/service agents here that would service these, I could enquire how many they are aware of....(?)

Intriguing thread!

Comment

Does anyone have a Wikipedia account? Would be worth updating the figures it quotes, which are much higher...

Comment

According to howmanyleft.co.uk (stats from dvla database), there are 419 m coupes registered on the road in the UK today(and 77 on a sorn), 2002 they reached there height at 570 registered, so with the sales figures posted, i assume that covers the exports (and illegals). Almost as rare as my 70's 1275 gt mini!

http://howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/bmw_m_coupe

How many regstations per year too.
                        Last edited by Steely; 09-07-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

I spotted the link to this site in EVO magazing this month, thanks for saving me a job!

Interesting to see how the numbers have fluctuated.
                          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

So there are 496 left out of 570, as I read that. About 74 written off.

I have just read the footnote - "SORN data only available since 2007" - so the 570 figure would be a little bit higher if the unknown SORNs were added.
                            Last edited by coupe fan; 14-07-2011, 08:27 AM.
                            Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

I want one even more now!
                              COH555
                              1998, S50, Artic, Imola/Black Leather
                              2002 Ducati 748, Red
                              West Kent

Comment

Originally posted by COH555 View Post
                                I want one even more now!
                                Another related thread for a good reason to buy a MC...

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...light=Register
                                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Working...
                                X