Carbon Airbox on S50 engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carbon Airbox on S50 engine

We have fitted our first Carbon Airbox (MAC-Motoren) without MAF to an S50 this week, car also has cams, exhaust etc. The noise and power is impressive for this engine. Here is an initial video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wesSLHbWYbE

Here is a dyno graph compared against one of the healthiest S50's we have had on our dyno which was run on the same day. The lack of low down torque is due to the cams/us dynoing at part throttle up to 3500 revs. As this car has a shorter diff it is not noticeable whilst driving. I have been informed that this is a characteristic of the 284 cams but have not seen any other dyno graphs to confirm this.

More videos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9riDSU9o60

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vie6rIjUM5E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVLgy21yzek

Last edited by maahny; 23-04-2008, 10:12 PM.

very nice dude! i like muchly!

Comment

Wants one badly :)

Would be nice to see power output before and after.

Current - BMW M6
      Previous - Estoril S50 '98

KW V3's, ACS Splitters, H&R ARB's, Rogue Engineering rear top mounts,
      Carbon Induction kit, Supersprint Exhaust, BBS 19" CH alloys, Strong Strut

Comment

Sounds great !

Comment

Imran, I'd love to see the before and after dyno figures/graphs you've got. (by PM/email if you don't want to make them generally public)

The sound alone is great!

If you've removed the MAF are you just letting the ECU with OEM maps do the fuelling at the moment? If you're intending converting to Alpha-n, will you also do before and after figures for the airbox running the two different fuelling methods? That'd be interesting to compare.
          /// Exdos ///
          "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Will post up some graphs/pictures/details and more videos later today. The car has been custom mapped on the dyno and road. Just finishing off the car as customer is picking it up today.
            Last edited by maahny; 23-04-2008, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Whats the cost of the Airbox, quite high if I remember? EUR 3500?

Comment

Originally posted by mansfa View Post
                Whats the cost of the Airbox, quite high if I remember? EUR 3500?

ouch!!!!....
                [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

S50 is €1800 and S54 is €2400

Comment

WOW That is some money for an air box...... Hope all the mods arnt that expensive!!!!!!
                    What av ass

Comment

Originally posted by BEN View Post
                      S50 is €1800 and S54 is €2400
                      Now all we need is a decent fucking exchange rate again and it's a bargain

Current - BMW M6

Comment

i am really curios of this result!
                        www.fastdrive.org
                        S50 black/black-red In Rome
                        Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

So am I....its my car and I am collecting it this evening!!!
                          Roll on May's Trackday.

Comment

Originally posted by z3m jason View Post
                            So am I....its my car and I am collecting it this evening!!!
                            Roll on May's Trackday.
                            Congrats dude, it sounds awesome. Would be good if you could post a full review of it once you've got it back.

It's a shame it's on a rag top, but you can't have everything i suppose ;)

Current - BMW M6

Comment

It's a shame it's on a rag top, but you can't have everything i suppose ;)
                              Bloody cheek! ;-) Yeah am very much looking forward to the 2 hour drive home South tonight......can hear it already
                              The results thus far are very impressive apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X