Indoor car cover wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indoor car cover wanted

Can anybody recommend a good indoor car cover? Preferably one of those breathable, stretchy Lycra type ones to ensure a good fit.
    S50 M Coupe

sigpic

http://www.car-e-cover.de/help/2-per...roesse-m-2.htm

Great quality and fair price, I have a few of these now and never had any problems with them.

Comment

Some more details here,

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16075

Comment

Originally posted by inkey$ View Post
        Can anybody recommend a good indoor car cover? Preferably one of those breathable, stretchy Lycra type ones to ensure a good fit.
        From selling to buying covers. I like that!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
          From selling to buying covers. I like that!
          I'm all or nothing Martin. Now I've decided I've already booked for a new rear tyre this week no to re-match the back, replace my ageing cover and think about autumn mods and jobs.

Thanks all for the links too. I'll check it out.
          S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Ordered a black car-e-cover from Germany today. Impeccable service and great price. Thanks for the recommendation
            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Good work, you won't be disappointed

Which version did you go for in the end - perfect stretch indoor? I have it in 'S', silver grey for the Coupe, it fits like a glove.

Comment

Exactly the same. Perfect stretch indoor, small size and in black. Will post a photo when it arrives and is fitted.
                S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

I'd be interested too, look forward to hearing what it's like
                  S54 M Coupe
                  D5 Alpina Touring

Comment

Indoor cover...

Got mine from here in 2014 it's still perfect now...

Highly recommended.

http://www.covercar.com/en-us/

If you have a look at my images you should find a piccy of it on the car, it has the M logo on the bonnet...

Comment

Car-e-Cover arrived from Germany and is perfect.
                      S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Probably a stupid question, but do these covers leave any marks when fitting and removing on he paintwork? lacquer is so soft these days it doesn't take much to mark it.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                          Probably a stupid question, but do these covers leave any marks when fitting and removing on he paintwork? lacquer is so soft these days it doesn't take much to mark it.
                          If it is only ever put on when the cover is clean it will be OK. If not the cover itself can hold dirt which will scratch when putting on and removing.

I have an expensive Covercraft WeatherShield HP cover which I do not use now as it was causing more issues than it was solving scratches being one of them. In my garage it seemed to hold condensation under it in winter which was my biggest concern.

I now just accept it gets a bit dusty instead!
                          S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                            No.
                            I have used them on a number of cars with no problems - they're great

Comment

Originally posted by maph View Post
                              If it is only ever put on when the cover is clean it will be OK. If not the cover itself can hold dirt which will scratch when putting on and removing.

I have an expensive Covercraft WeatherShield HP cover which I do not use now as it was causing more issues than it was solving scratches being one of them. In my garage it seemed to hold condensation under it in winter which was my biggest concern.

I now just accept it gets a bit dusty instead!
                              The perfect stretch indoor car-e-covers are lightweight, machine washable and breathable so retain no moisture.

Comment

Working...
                              X