Leaking washer fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaking washer fluid

A lovely wake up treat after a faultless MOT yesterday was a large puddle of liquid under the car this morning.

Washer bottle half empty so assume it's that.
    Dealer mentioned the headlamp washers weren't working so maybe an enthusiastic tester gave it some welly and it's popped the pipe off or something(it's coming from just in front of the passenger side footwell).

So what's needed to get at that, is it and more than wheel off and arch liner out?
    S54 Seca Blue - ACS Short shift and Exhaust. Luverly.

My leak was caused by just a pipe had partially come off near the motor. Was an easy fix. First thing to check I suggest.
    Last edited by ian; 03-06-2017, 11:52 AM.
    S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Cheers - so can you get to that just by taking the arch liner out?

Comment

I undid the bottle from the top without removing arch or anything and accessed the pipes from there. Was quite easy in the end, thought I might be replacing seals or whatever. Hope this is your issue!
        S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Quote from a Mar 16 post
          Originally Posted by ian
          I am loosing fluid from the bottle and it seems to drop to the level of the lower pump - RHS of the reservoir looking from the drivers seat. There is a non return valve next to the pump connection. Looks OEM from clip etc but it's very cruddy, with what looks like dried blue fluid on it (as best I can see). Both pumps work as intended. Has anyone know the valve to fail and let the fluid drain away? Looks like reservoir will need to come out to get at the pipes properly?
          This is a simple problem in the scheme of things but would appreciate any gained knowledge before ordering bits.

Thanks,
          Ian
          Got around to investigating this morning. There is a leak coming from either the pump base (where the pipes fit in to) or the outlet pipe connection itself. Cleaned it all up and securely fastened. Filled up bottle and will see how it goes. The pump underside can't be seen when installed due to the location of the bottle on the S54 (by the nearside bulkhead) and all works as intended. Fingers crossed for an easy fix.

Update June 2017, this fixed it!

Comment

Hmm I don't think that's it as all seems dry at the bottle end - I'm assuming a pipe has come off where it meets the headlamp washer as that's where it's all coming out from.

Comment

Originally posted by Seca Blue View Post
              Hmm I don't think that's it as all seems dry at the bottle end - I'm assuming a pipe has come off where it meets the headlamp washer as that's where it's all coming out from.
              You can get access with removing the front fixings on the arch liner on drivers side but never tried on passenger side but should be the same?

some details here regarding "nozzles"

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/tags.php?tag=nozzle

Comment

Working...
              X