X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which wax?

anybody use Zymol concourse wax or can recommend a good quality wax?,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZYMOL-CONC...item2a1a3a641c

I use the standard Zymol wax - not as eye wateringly expensive as the concourse but still excellent and goes a long way.
    Col N.
    Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
    ex Audi S4 Avant
    ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
    ex Porsche 968

Comment

I've been really impressed with Collinite:

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-...ue-d-elegance/

Car gets a coat once a year - twice at most - sits outside 24/7 and still beads months later. I have yet to put an impression in my tin. I think it will do me for life!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. N View Post
        I've been really impressed with Collinite:

http://www.collinite.com/automotive-...ue-d-elegance/

Car gets a coat once a year - twice at most - sits outside 24/7 and still beads months later. I have yet to put an impression in my tin. I think it will do me for life!
        I have been using the Collinite but thought I may try something different.

Comment

I use Zymol Concours and I swear by it. Yes it is expensive but my pot has lasted 3 years and I still have a third left as you use very little and I only tend to apply it twice a year max. My car looks like its just been polished after normal washing, I do use the Zymol clear to wash my car in as they say it doesn't strip the polish. I also use their field glaze to give it a quick coat of wax every now and again. I will certainly be buying another pot when this one runs out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
            I use Zymol Concours and I swear by it. Yes it is expensive but my pot has lasted 3 years and I still have a third left as you use very little and I only tend to apply it twice a year max. My car looks like its just been polished after normal washing, I do use the Zymol clear to wash my car in as they say it doesn't strip the polish. I also use their field glaze to give it a quick coat of wax every now and again. I will certainly be buying another pot when this one runs out.
            thanks for the info

Comment

You actually got through a tin Dave?! You must have been waxing every car on the street!

Comment

ColourMagic (black) £7.99 from motorfactors!

Comment

collinate is good and hard wearing, not the easiest to remove by hand mind ! !
                  Previous: Silver s50 Mc
                  Previous: Yellow s50 Mc
                  -------------------------------------------
                  Current: Estoril S50 Mc

Comment

Has anyone tried dodo juice?
                    Might give that a go.
                    Artic Silver S50-1998

Comment

Originally posted by A.C.1983 View Post
                      Has anyone tried dodo juice?
                      Might give that a go.
                      I have just put a layer of this on the MC.

I'll let you know how it goes, but I must say it took a good while to "buff" it out, and was fairly hard work. I don't think I used too much and don't think I left it too long, but you really need to go over it a number of times, turing the cloth, to remove the streaks.

Comment

What colour coupe have you got just out of interest?
                        I might still give it a go but maybe with a buffer.
                        Last edited by A.C.1983; 19-05-2012, 08:31 AM.
                        Artic Silver S50-1998

Comment

iv just had a go with megs nxt 2.0 wax......seems fairly good....very easy to use
                          S50 Roadster....

Comment

Always used autoglym HD wax which I rated quite highly, not easy to remove though. Changed over to collinite and results are similar and its easier to buff. She is due another coat but after 4~months its still beading :)

Comment

I have just used the new Meguiars ultimate wax which is really easy to use, (got it from Halfords when it was 2 for 1 offers)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Meguiars-U...item35bc56f895

Comment

Working...
                              X