rust proofing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rust proofing

what would you suggest for keeping under bonnet and floor chasis etc in good order using clear type rustproofer
    would like to keep car as original as possible
    many thanks
    alan

I spray some areas with ACF-50 through the winter months, though the car doesn't go out as much once the gritters have been out

http://www.acf-50.co.uk/aviation.htm
    Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
    ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
    Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I also use the acf-50

Comment

ACF50 is good for some degree of corrosion protection, but offers no protection at all in areas that may get abrasion or spray. It is best suited to areas that might suffer with condensation corrosion, such as underbonnet. I had a long chat with the suppliers a while back and it really only works best if applied as they recommend, using a cheap paint spray gun that will give low cfm as a mist. They warn against applying too much.
        For areas that require something tougher I use Dinitrol High Performance Clear:

http://www.rust.co.uk/clear-rust-pro...rmance/p414171

Haven't actually used this on the MC yet, I had the panels off a year or so back and did the backs of them with Dinitrol 3125. However I have used the Clear on both Cobra and Mustang underbody and it's excellent, obviously not black as the 3125 or 4941. The Cobra's a particular problem as the clever chaps who built the body decided it would be OK to wrap the aluminium skin around steel frame tubes with no insulation, not even a layer of paint, especially in areas like the sills. Great.
        I wouldn't use anything except Dinitrol and no, I don't work for them.

Comment

That sounds like excellent stuff rsk289
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

I used Dinitrol spray wax when I had panels off my car, sprays on like a running wax but sets golden and harder than waxoyl for example. The stuff I used wasn't the underbody type though, it was for using in box sections/behind panels etc.

Comment

Working...
            X