Battery recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery recommendations?

Typically I need the car today and after the recent cold snap, the battery light stays on in the dash and she won’t start.

Currently taken the battery out and its on a charger, but have a feeling it’s been in the car a while so would like to replace with a new one.

I found this 74ah one on ECP and with discount it’s around £125.
    https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/B...276b425&000020

Anyone have recommendations and links to replacement batteries?
    Last edited by inkey$; 07-03-2018, 11:59 AM.
    S50 M Coupe

sigpic

I have had a Bosch S5 in mine for the last 8 yrs or so and it has been perfect.

Lives on a ctek charger now but went through periods where I was letting it run flat regularly through lack of use (weeks on end).

Batteries do not tend to like that but this one has taken it time and time again without issues.

If you go to carpartsforless and search using the ECP code (same company) and use their latest discount code MAR12 you can get it delivered for £108 or next day for £112
    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

My car has been stuck in a garage due to scaffolding around it since beginning of January - hope it starts! (though I disconnected it early Feb). Got the BOSCH S5 in it and it is usually very good after weeks leaving it.

Comment

Another vote for Bosch. Mine has been in there since I got the car 9 years ago with no problems at all.
        '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

I bought my S5 for the Coupe from Costco probably about 7yrs ago.

However, I noticed more recently that they only do the S4 at my local Costco now. I was looking for a battery for my AUDI A3 (to replace an aged S5) after it didn't start on a cold morning last December. However Costco's return service is awesome - I found the original sales receipt for the A3's S5 battery and it was 4.5yrs old; took it back and they refunded me IN FULL, IN CASH no questions (just said it didn't start the car)

Comment

Thanks all. The S5 it is then!
            S50 M Coupe

sigpic

Comment

Fitted replacement BMW Exide a few years ago to replace previous BMW Exide which lasted 10 years, have been told BMW now supply Gel battery packs rather than lead

Comment

I´ve just bought a brand new Varta Silver Dynamic AGM 70Ah, product code 570 901 076.

Paid roughly 125.00 EUR for it from an online seller.

Comment

Originally posted by inkey$ View Post
                  Typically I need the car today and after the recent cold snap, the battery light stays on in the dash and she won’t start.

Currently taken the battery out and its on a charger, but have a feeling it’s been in the car a while so would like to replace with a new one.

I found this 74ah one on ECP and with discount it’s around £125.
                  https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/B...276b425&000020

Anyone have recommendations and links to replacement batteries?
                  Is that one the right size? My battery has gone and I’m thinking of getting a Bosch S5, but I thought the model that fitted the M Coupe was the S5 096 model (190x278x175mm) - I could be wrong though!

Comment

096 is the correct size code.

That one appears to be 007

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Thanks. It looks like you can get them for £104 on Amazon at the moment:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-Car-B.../dp/B005XVUQ6Y

But oddly, when you do the car model search on Amazon it’s says this battery doesn’t fit the M Coupe, and then suggests some other 096 size batteries that would fit. Is that because the Bosch S5 is a sealed unit and we should be using vented batteries?

Comment

Working...
                      X