Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint colour under bonnet

Hi,

My Coupe is a 1999 S50 in Estoril blue. I have treated a few minor surface rust spots on the metal cross member under the bonnet just in front of the radiator. I am now ready to repaint but noticed that the blue paint isn't the same colour as the estoril blue.

Can anyone tell me what colour it is and where I would get some?

Thanks.
    1999 BMW Z3M Coupe - Estoril Blue
    sigpic

I got BMW to mix me some but it wasn't easy to get.

I've got some left over if you or anyone else is interested I'll have a look if it's ok & how much I have left over.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Stink View Post
      Hi,

My Coupe is a 1999 S50 in Estoril blue. I have treated a few minor surface rust spots on the metal cross member under the bonnet just in front of the radiator. I am now ready to repaint but noticed that the blue paint isn't the same colour as the estoril blue.

Can anyone tell me what colour it is and where I would get some?

Thanks.
      I painted my Estoril Blue Shoe 3 years ago and used 3 different colors.
      * First color is factory base coat which is more like oil green and I couldn't find a paint code and used a spectrophotometer,
      * Second color is Estoril Blue base coat which is called "Estoril Matt" coded as YF40 on Standox Colors or 10049 and is BASF (RM, Limco, Glasurit) #27421
      * Third color is Estoril Blue top coat which is called "EstorilBlue-Metallic" and has variations.

Will share my uber detailed Refurb as soon as I find some spare time
      I'm not a clown but the shoe is ///Mine
      sigpic

Estoril/Estoril/black, B&M SSK, 6Spd S6S-420G, Strong Strut, R.Forbes sub-frame kit & RE dual ear diff cover, Supersprint Race Headers & Resonators & DTM Cat-backs, Bilstein B6 Sport, BBS RC 301 & 303 8.5/10x18" wheels, Alcon Mono6 355mm Front & Mono4 332mm Rear Full Floating BBK, Pro Ramp Variable Lock %75 LSD

Comment

My car is Titan Silver, and I can't find out what was used underbonnet anywhere. It's a kind of solid grey-whitish colour, not just a matt basecoat. It's a real pain as there are a few spots that let it down.
        Where can I find a spectrophotometer, and someone who can use it and mix the paint?

Comment

This has been covered a number of times in the past. I took my car to a paint factor who used a device to "read" the underbody paint colour and then mixed a can of paint. It was a perfect match.
          S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Thanks - it's trying to find someone with a spectrophotometer that's the tricky bit. I haven't found a local factor who can do this yet.
            You wouldn't have a code for the tin they mixed for you, would you?

Comment

Looks like G (or L) 320 marked on the tin. Does this help?
              S54 Titan Silver metallic. Black leather, most factory options including sunroof, Becker Cascade and Becker Silverstone changer.

Comment

Thanks, I'll make some enquiries.

Roger

Comment

Working...
                X