tuning, upgrades and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tuning, upgrades and performance

i wanted to get a dyno run done to see where my Coupe stands against the factory output.

does anyone know any good places (preferably near essex) to get the car on a dyno?

what are the best things to do to get the best gains?

what have people done to their own Coupes?

i spoke to EVOLVE regarding this and they said they can do a dyno and remap to give me 10-12BHP gain, maybe 20BHP if i add an intake to that... they are asking £399.00

keen to hear what people have to say on this, any tricks?

Evolve are probably one of the best places to take it. You can't expect miracles though with an already high powered n/a engine.

Comment

What I did:

- Grp N map in ECU by Lukas Miernik
      - Carbon fibre airbox
      - Mid exhaust with race cats
      - End silencers from Supersprint

The result
      Before 285,9 whp and 312 wNm
      After 299,5 whp and 334,9 wNm (and a way better Nm curve)

//AL
      sigpic
      Z3M Coupe s50
      M3 e46 SMGII
      V70 2.4D
      V70 D3

Comment

so i shouldnt expect much out of it then.

Comment

Yep, I think gains are relatively small but with addition of cams could be worthwhile?

Before you do anything though make sure your motor is in its best possible natural state of tune, it can make a big difference if you have an underlying issue!

Vanos - Replacement seals + check solenoids / solder connections
          Valve shims
          Inlet Manifold leaks

Just to add, a bit of weight loss would be the perfect compliment to a bit of extra power :-)
          Last edited by M1ke; 15-02-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

FWIW I would probably spend the money on KW3 suspension and H&R ARBs. Suspect that will make a bigger difference overall, plus decent tyres if you do track days.

Comment

I have a HAMANN carbon airbox fitted.
              The mapping from Hamann was never really good though (done 18 years ago)

I had a remap done by Schmickler here in Germany in 2013. Horsepower went up to 328 from 309 and torque up to 351 from 329 before. Torque curve is more even too.

Comment

I have used Evolve 3 times. Very efficient and obtain top performance by remapping.
                Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Working...
                X