No announcement yet.

WTB BMW Professional RDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for a user manual for one of these too. I 'think' the part number of the German version is 01 40 9 790 180.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post
      I'm looking for a user manual for one of these too. I 'think' the part number of the German version is 01 40 9 790 180.

I found the part numbers but checked with BMW and they are all ended with no stock left, there was someone selling German versions on ebay Germany but the listing has gone so I presume they are sold

Comment

Managed to get a used user manual for the Professional RDS part number 01419789011 English .

Comment

As said there appears to be two versions of the user manual,
          later type,

Last edited by Dave P; 12-01-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Early,

Comment

Oops, almost a year old.

Amazing you found one with the instruction manual. That thing alone is in high demand.

It's been NLA for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by MParallel View Post
                Oops, almost a year old.

Amazing you found one with the instruction manual. That thing alone is in high demand.

It's been NLA for some time.

I really need to sell at least one of the Radio's but no interest from the forums and not a fan of selling electronics on ebay

Comment

Bluetooth upgrade for Pro RDS,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Modernisi...Cclp%3A2334524

Comment

€180 for a knob

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143955618...cAAOSwDnNgFT~O
                    Last edited by Dave P; 25-04-2021, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                      Now you see, this makes me feel so much better about the cost of the OEM diff mount bush
                      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Anything related to this radio is no golddiggering-ish expensive.
                        Nobody wanted this unit, now everbody does.

If you want BT you can also use an external interface. Same for mp3. That way you can keep the radio stock. Though I have never used the AM channels ever before.

I don’t know why, maybe technical limitations, but the original Becker version (Mexico aka BE2420/2430) have nice extra functions for example RDS Text (very rare on a radio) PTY (Program type) that can filter out channels you don’t listen to, but most importantly, it can display CD text/ID3 tags.
                        BUT and there’s the big but, it lacks BMW ibus control, so multifunction steering wheel controls are not possible. Which is a mod I did more than a decade ago. I can’t life without it.
                        I once put the BMW facia on the Mexico and it gave me all these functions, but lost steering wheel controls.

Maybe BMW just locked these functions, or had to by Becker to not be an internal competitor, who knows. Becker no longer exists so not even possible to ask.
                        I need an EE/programmer for that.

Comment

Anything related to this radio is no golddiggering-ish expensive.
                          Nobody wanted this unit, now everbody does.

If you want BT you can also use an external interface. Same for mp3. That way you can keep the radio stock. Though I have never used the AM channels ever before.

I don’t know why, maybe technical limitations, but the original Becker version (Mexico aka BE2420/2430) have nice extra functions for example RDS Text (very rare on a radio) PTY (Program type) that can filter out channels you don’t listen to, but most importantly, it can display CD text/ID3 tags.
                          BUT and there’s the big but, it lacks BMW ibus control, so multifunction steering wheel controls are not possible. Which is a mod I did more than a decade ago. I can’t life without it.
                          I once put the BMW facia on the Mexico and it gave me all these functions, but lost steering wheel controls.

Maybe BMW just locked these functions, or had to by Becker to not be an internal competitor, who knows. Becker no longer exists so not even possible to ask.
                          I need an EE/programmer for that.
                          Interesting stuff, I have a 2450 and 2455 for sale but dont trust ebay buyers so difficult to sell. There appears to be lots of Becker spares appear on ebay which look like left over new parts from the factory?

Comment

Could be, no idea. For BE2450/55? I see a few new facia's pop up every now and then, but not much else. I've been on Ebay for years and never had any problems. As a buyer that is.

Comment

Could be, no idea. For BE2450/55? I see a few new facia's pop up every now and then, but not much else. I've been on Ebay for years and never had any problems. As a buyer that is.
                              For the 2450 and 2455, I sold one via ebay and shipped to Czech Republic but buyer said it was faulty when it arrived so I had to pay for the return otherwise ebay said the buyer could keep it free of charge so wont be doing that again.

Comment

Good to see you can still buy a new one although a little pricey,

https://www.koenigs-klassik-radios.d...450_13126_5421

Comment

Working...
                                X