• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New listing White S50 RHD

White S50 for sale at Dick Lovett 58k £47995

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifie...-coupe/6394598#

Looks really good.

Why did so few people spec Alpine White?

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

I didn't think that white was an option in the UK? Could be wrong though, I know there are OEM white ACS models in South Africa

Does look bloody good on the car though
      Last edited by Fat Tony; 26-10-2016, 07:03 PM.
      Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
      ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
      Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
        I didn't think that white was an option in the UK? Could be wrong though, I know there are OEM white ACS models in South Africa

Yes Alpine white was a option but this was the only UK RHD car in white, this coupe was originally a BMW development car fitted with 19" E46 M3 alloys

Comment

M60 UPE

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post

Yep the S54 too. My theory for the lack of rarer colours was the build lead time was too long and off putting for impatient buyers.. Given the relatively small model production I think dealers were allocated cars with bonus's on to incentivised to sell from built stock and or register showroom cars as demos.

At the time the E36 variants and forth coming E46 were just to good to ignore.

My BSL. Breadvan Sport Lightweight.

S54 - 18" BBS RS GT/KW V3/H&R/Rogue TM/AC Schnitzer Flippers/Brembo Calipers/CSL Discs/PFC Pads/20mm Spacers/Carbon Fibre Roof/Fibreglass Bonnet/Fibreglass Boot/Lexan Window/Custom Cages Roll Cage/Lithium Battery/Recaro Pole Positions/Schroth Harness/Randy Forbes Braced Floor/Airbags Delete/Lightweight Door Cards/UUC EVO3 Short Shift Kit/E34 M5 Clutch/UUC Single Mass Flywheel/Vibra Technics Competition Engine Mounts/3.46 Diff/Prospeed Exhaust/200 Cell Cats/Strong Strut Brace/ESS+ASA Supercharger Kit/Alpha N/497bhp - 1315KG

Comment

Cheers for putting me right gents
                Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

White would certainly be appealing as it's actually 'unique', but it doesn't accentuate the curves of the MC at all....
                  2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

M60 upe

Looks good but pretty ambitious pricing, even for a main dealer.

Off topic but my car had M60 UPE on it for 7 months in 1999.
                    S50 Black, H&R Arbs/ Springs, B8s, Larini Exhaust

Comment

I started mapping VIN numbers and this one came up, always wondered what it would look like.

Nice combo!

Thanks!

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

In the mid and late 1990s white was still a colour reserved for Transit vans or the police.

The M Coupe looks ok in white, but not as good as modern BMWs do.

Comment

That is a very serious price for a S50 with 58k on the clock.
                          The white is interesting as it's rare, but doesn't work otherwise, in my opinion. likewise the wheels, which (again, my opinion only) are 'orrible... the backspacing mods (spacers?) lose the original look, which screams 'look at me! I'm wide!' when by modern standards they actually aren't particularly wide.

Comment

I'm getting confused, the wheels look OEM and dont looked spaced, at least not by much to me.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                              I'm getting confused, the wheels look OEM and dont looked spaced, at least not by much to me.
                              Sorry, you're right - I was looking at Dave's post.

Comment

Working...
                              X