Replacing diff rubber mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing diff rubber mount

I need to replace my diff rubber mount (part #2)

any advise from those who have done this?
    Last edited by Dave P; 09-10-2012, 04:48 PM.

Fairly straight forward, a bit like replacing the wishbone bushes really. Involves cutting the old bush out with a hack saw and tapping out.

The backplate needs taking off and you need at least a vice to press the new bush in. Drain the diff oil and you can unbolt the diff backplate without taking the diff itself off (just support it with a jack or something).

Comment

thanks Chris - diff is coming out and have access to a press.

Comment

stage 1 diff removed - will update as waiting for bush from BMW

Comment

All looking very tidy there, Dave
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Tony View Post
            All looking very tidy there, Dave
            cheers Tony I am giving the underneath a tidy up and will post up some more pictures as new parts are fitted

Comment

What's the diff coming out out for? Having a few secret bits done at the same time!?

Comment

Are you getting your hands dirty Dave or do you have a man to do such work?!
                2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

It's a tidy-up for concours competitions for when the mirrors are placed under the car.
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Haha, I will be checking the alignment of his centre caps next time

That photo is good for showing the brake lines, can see the hardline running under the chassis rail to the single rear flexihose to the caliper.

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                      What's the diff coming out out for? Having a few secret bits done at the same time!?
                      no just replacing parts for new OEM (no new diff ratio) and strengthening diff mount/arb mount

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                      Are you getting your hands dirty Dave or do you have a man to do such work?!
                      got a friend with a ramp and also very good with fabrication work

Originally posted by exdos View Post
                      It's a tidy-up for concours competitions for when the mirrors are placed under the car.
                      will be cleaning parts but not for concours

Originally posted by c_w View Post
                      Haha, I will be checking the alignment of his centre caps next time

That photo is good for showing the brake lines, can see the hardline running under the chassis rail to the single rear flexihose to the caliper.
                      I will take plenty of pictures of the parts you cant normally see and post them up for future reference

i.e
                      Last edited by Dave P; 11-10-2012, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X