Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racelogic TC

Guys,

I've read through the (much) earlier posts on these aftermarket installs here and on zroadster and think I may get one installed on the next car for those wetter moments.

I know a lot were on the 'For Sale' threads for a whilst as well. Not sure if they were removed before cars were sold, never installed etc.

Are any of you still using it without problem and glad of its installation? Would be useful to get an update from anyone who's now been using the system for an extended period of time.

cheers
    ex- 2000 Titanium Silver S50 with AC Schnitzer road suspension, exhaust, rear wing and gear knob
    now 2002 Sapphire Black S54 with black/red interior, S54 Bearing Shell upgrade with ARP Con Rod bolts, Cam shaft bolt upgrade

I've had it fitted to mine for about 2 years now I think. Never had any problems with it and after initial installation have slowly re-arranged the controls/buttons so that it looks OE/hidden.

It does give extra confidence and reigns in the rear end if you aren't smooth with the power but I must admit I don't really rely on it OR I still don't have complete faith in it to floor it round a wet roundabout even when its on full wet! The 20% slip mode is useful so that it allows the car to get out of shape but not TOO out of shape hopefully.

Overall I think it's a worthwhile addition, whilst not essential, it just adds a little bit of stability on those greasy winter days.
    Last edited by c_w; 24-07-2009, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I'd agree with that..
      I don't tend to provoke it, nor have i ever used the launch control function
      But i have been aware of it kicking in a few times when i've been caught out by camber, road surface, conditions etc.

Oddly enough when i've expected to notice it i haven't..
      didn't notice anything on track day (other than understeer when i got my entry speed too high!) and it was completely overcome in the snow by rampant low speed wheel spin..

Comment

Racelogic TC for sale on zroadster at the moment
        2001 S54

Comment

For info I looked into this a few months back and was surprised how much the price has dropped for a new install.

I didn't bother in the end but have it on my "nice to have" list

emails:

From: - Hyper Sports & Racing Ltd [mailto:hypersportsracing@hotmail.com]
          Sent: 11 March 2009 16:15
          To:
          Subject: RE: Traction Control Enquiry

Hi
          Many thanks for your recent enquiry.
          Both systems will cost the same!!
          Around 350.00 pounds+vat
          It is quite a lengthy process and we'd need the car for maybe a full day!!

Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:06:07 +0000
          Hello

I am thinking of having the Racelogic Traction control system fitted to my Z3m roadster (July 99 build)

Can you tell me how much it would cost to have the system fitted with and without the digital adjustment

Thanks
          VIDEO or Journal

Comment

that seems expensive as they say at racelogic if you know a good auto electrician it can be fitted in no time at all as i e mailed them to ask if it is difficult for a diy job

Comment

I would say that price isn't TOO bad for what they're doing, althought there isn't a massive amount of wiring it does take some time to do it properly and neatly. It took me I would say most of a weekend to fit it and test it etc.

Comment

Working...
              X