Help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed!

If anyone can look at their own coupe (RHD S50) and check to see what part number is on the small hose that goes from the black additional water pump to the water valve assembly just to see if by chance its different to the one on mine (build 11/98)

hose below - ignore arrow - ending 656 - located at back left of expansion tank

just looked..not 100% sure...64212223656.?

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
      just looked..not 100% sure...64212223656.?
      Thanks Mel, its the same as mine (64212228656) this is the part number that doesn't exist according to BMW I appreciate you looking

Comment

just checked again..engine is hot! 64212228656 ?

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
          just checked again..engine is hot! 64212228656 ?
          yes same as mine, anyone with a late S50 able to have a look?

Comment

just took a look and can not see any numbers i am going to clean engine bay over weekend so will clean pipes and take another look

Comment

Originally posted by jess robson View Post
              just took a look and can not see any numbers i am going to clean engine bay over weekend so will clean pipes and take another look
              Thanks Jess

Comment

It appears to be missing from the Coupe catalogue.
                However, it seems to be listed on the Roadster catalogue.

I'm thinking it's Part No. 13, just under a new number:
                http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/Z3...?s=64212494833
                Current retail is £15.08 plus VAT.

IF it's correct, the catalogue page reference (for future) is 64_0750

Best regards,
                James
                Last edited by Redish; 19-04-2017, 07:48 PM. Reason: page reference no.

Comment

Originally posted by Dakar View Post
                  It appears to be missing from the Coupe catalogue.
                  However, it seems to be listed on the Roadster catalogue.

I'm thinking it's Part No. 13, just under a new number:
                  http://bmwfans.info/parts-catalog/Z3...?s=64212494833
                  Current retail is £15.08 plus VAT.

IF it's correct, the catalogue page reference (for future) is 64_0750

Best regards,
                  James
                  Thanks James unfortunately the 64212494833 is listed for both LHD and RHD cars but is only for LHD ( I ordered one and its the wrong shape)

and the fact that according to BMW the Coupe doesn't even have an aux water pump really doesn't help matters

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    Thanks James unfortunately the 64212494833 is listed for both LHD and RHD cars but is only for LHD ( I ordered one and its the wrong shape)

and the fact that according to BMW the Coupe doesn't even have an aux water pump really doesn't help matters
                    Ah I see.

You've managed to find an error in BMW's listings - which is a rare thing!

I just had a look at Rockape's Z3M in our workshop and that shows the part number as:

I used the daily updated webETK via BMW's intranet and checked similar numbers (sometimes manufacturers of parts for BMW make a different number by 1 digit for some reason.
                    So I checked .655 and .657.

Using BMW's Parts Substitution tool it shows that 64.21.2.228.657 is a number and changes to 64.21.2.695.759

64.21.2.695.759 is the RHD version of Hose 14 (the wrong one heading to the Matrix).
                    But, above it is .758 the LHD version of Hose 14.

My thinking is that Hose 13 (the between Water Pump & Water Valve) should have both a LHD and RHD version listed on the catalogue.
                    For whatever reason, they've missed it off and only listed a single number (.833) which you found out is LHD.
                    I think there should be a (.834) listed too, which would be RHD: 64.21.2.494.834

I've checked if .834 is a number and yes it does go in.
                    It dead-ends and doesn't show as fitting any car.
                    Interestingly it had a description of Hose 14, but I reckon this is why it wasn't added to the catalogue.
                    Someone named it incorrectly and then someone else couldn't work it out (at input stage) so said "not my job" and left it out!
                    Anyway, to slightly prove the theory, 64.21.2.494.834 does go into my system and has a price similar to 833.
                    The fact it gives me a price tells me it's an actual part and is 99% likely to be able to be ordered. Where as if a number doesn't go in, it won't give you a price and says 'unknown part number'

I can't say for sure, but I would next try ordering 64.21.2.494.834.

Best regards,
                    James

Comment

Thanks James but I think the.834 is now the .758

https://www.online-parts.co.uk/bmw-s...tradiator.html

Comment

Thanks James but I think the.834 is now the .758

https://www.online-parts.co.uk/bmw-s...tradiator.html
                        Yeah I came across that supersession too.
                        I'm hoping it would still be order-able though.
                        Sometimes they have supersessions on paper but still stock/produce both numbers. I came across that many times over the years when working there.

Like you say, very strange the Additional Water Pump isn't obviously found too.
                        Makes the hose search all the more challenging

James

Comment

BMW technical have come back and said the hose is no longer available and suggested moving the aux pump to allow fitment of part ending 533 or to find a hose supplier and get a bespoke hose made????????

Comment

BMW technical have come back and said the hose is no longer available and suggested moving the aux pump to allow fitment of part ending 533 or to find a hose supplier and get a bespoke hose made????????
                            Wow that's quite a surprise.
                            I reckon BMW UK Parts Technical couldn't find it either (as the entire Water Pump page is missing from the Coupe catalogue) so said it's NLA

Either way, they're not going to help, which is a shame.

Easy for them to say 'move the pump' but as purists we like everything as original as possible.

How much different (shape wise) was 64212494833 Dave?

James

Comment

Originally posted by Dakar View Post
                              Wow that's quite a surprise.
                              I reckon BMW UK Parts Technical couldn't find it either (as the entire Water Pump page is missing from the Coupe catalogue) so said it's NLA

Either way, they're not going to help, which is a shame.

Easy for them to say 'move the pump' but as purists we like everything as original as possible.

How much different (shape wise) was 64212494833 Dave?

James

I will try and find some pictures of the 833 hose and post them up

Comment

Working...
                              X