clutch hose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clutch hose

New member and enjoying the banter on the forum. Not really a new thread, but been looking through various comments on braided clutch hose's.

My clutch is ok [ish] but would like to try changing the hose, so do BMW do a genuine replacement hose, if so would any of you guys have a part number ??

Originally posted by A Cameron View Post
    New member and enjoying the banter on the forum. Not really a new thread, but been looking through various comments on braided clutch hose's.

My clutch is ok [ish] but would like to try changing the hose, so do BMW do a genuine replacement hose, if so would any of you guys have a part number ??
    Hi,

I think the part number you need is '21521163714'.
    > Can anyone else confirm this?

- Try the link below, it's a good site to use in order to source various parts for your car: http://www.realoem.com

Comment

I just ordered one of these, cant wait to get it all fitted
      http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1126

Comment

Originally posted by Tuesday View Post
        I just ordered one of these, cant wait to get it all fitted
        http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1126
        Bugger just been attempting to fit and have hit a problem

got all the under trays off and located the hose with ease, but when undoing the screw that sits on the solid lines flare closest to the pedal using the special brake / clutch line spanner it just rotates without coming out of the old flexi hose.

Which means that it must have been cross threaded when it was originaly put on, its not leaking at all luckily. So not sure what to do really.
        Shall I;

1, Have a whole new solid line made? How much would this cost? (from pedal to flexi hose)

2, saw the solid line just above the threaded connection and then try to re-flare the line still on the car adding a new connector for the braided hose? Hoping that there is enough slack in the braided line to still reach the slave cylinder.

3, not bother fitting it?

Thanks for any input

Comment

Anyone knows which one is the right for my 1998 S50 M Coupé? This one maybe: hit me ?

Best regards,
          Phil

Comment

Nah RTS you want the one in my previous post as it gives you the option to run a cdv or not. if i cant get my solid line sorted out cheaply, Ill sell u my earls cheap.

Comment

What fluid is recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuesday View Post
                Nah RTS you want the one in my previous post as it gives you the option to run a cdv or not. if i cant get my solid line sorted out cheaply, Ill sell u my earls cheap.
                Sounds good, but I definitely don't need a CDV - it's nonsense imho.

Guess I have to take a closer look at the current hose and its' fittings.

Best regards,
                Phil

Comment

Originally posted by breezer View Post
                  What fluid is recommended?
                  Hey guys, sorry to bump but I'm going home this weekend to replace the hose - what fluid is recomended?

Many thanks!

Comment

BMW-approved blood of unmolested virgins.

Comment

Working...
                    X