How Much Oil does your S54 use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much Oil does your S54 use?

Well, my mistake oil light came on yesterday as I parked up (slight incline) which I thought was a little odd. Level ground this morning and well it was low, off to the stealers for some TSW oil it was.
    Asked how much would the car normaly use as my S50 did not move between services?
    Answer: Well sir to quote the BMW line, the car will use about 1 ltr of oil per 1000km (yes bloody EU quoted me in Km's!). This is why the service intervals are longer sir as it is expected between services the engine will in effect have it's own oil change.
    My face must have been a picture :shock: as he got me a deal on some oil from the parts manager, but I am still not sure this is 'normal' ... put in a full Ltr of oil and only done 2000 miles.
    Anyone got anycomments? Help or input on this, or better still a cheaper source of TSW oil cos the baby seems to like her oil as well as petrol !
    Need help setting up a CMMS/EAMS system?
    S54: P*** Yellow ;-)

Re: How Much Oil does your S54 use?

Originally posted by KIDDLE
    Answer: Well sir to quote the BMW line, the car will use about 1 ltr of oil per 1000km (yes bloody EU quoted me in Km's!). This is why the service intervals are longer sir as it is expected between services the engine will in effect have it's own oil change.
    What bulls**t :!: Surely, the whole point of an oil change is to flush out all the particulate residue which has collected as well as replacing spent oil with new :?:. If you are forever burning off old oil then you are actually concentrating the residue.

I've had my S54 since 3.6K miles and I've now put some 20k miles on her, and in that time I've put in a total of just 2 litres of oil for top ups.
    /// Exdos ///
    "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Working...
    X