Check your door mirrors (carefully)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your door mirrors (carefully)

Article in BMW Car Club mag on FAB Recycling in Glos.
    They were asked about the most popular items and one was Z3 door mirrors.
    'The problem is that to get the mirror off the door you have to rotate the mirror to get to 2 screws. Unfortunately, few of these mirrors have been turned since new and the result is that the thin-walled aluminium casting inside snaps. Just the previous week, FAB had bought 2 doors and both had snapped when they tried to remove them.
    The moral is spray yours with a lubricant regularly and fold the mirrors in and out a few times. The alternative is new mirrors from about £160 each.'
    I managed to turn mine with difficulty and have cleaned/greased them.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/photopost/da..._mirror_1a.jpg
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

had one of mine resprayed a few months ago and agree it is worth checking and lubricating every now and again. I also replaced the bolts that attach it to the door as these had started to rust and did not want to run the risk of these rusting over completely and never been able to get the door mirrors off!

Comment

Working...
    X