new s50 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new s50 owner

thought it was about time i said hi , i've been lurking around here for the last few weeks doing my homework prior to buying . anyway i have just purchased a 99 cosmos black s50 (schons old car !) and i am for the most part very pleased .its very different from my last car (s1 elise) but gets just as many looks around town ! , it needs a few minor things sorting but nothing too serious hopefully and i'm sure at some point i'll have a few questions to trouble you with . i'm off now to figure out how to soften up the suspension as its a touch on the hard side !!

Welcome and congrats on getting Schon's car. Is the suspension standard or aftermarket? If standard then you may get used to it. Lots have firmed up their suspension.
    Strongstrut CL front brace-Yellowstuff pads/Castrol SRF race brake fluid-Rogue top mounts/Rear support bushes-H&R ARBs-Whiteline droplinks-Bilstein Sport shockers-H&R Springs-Black Halo Angel Eye headlight units-Sachs lightweight flywheel/matching clutch-Supersprint exhaust/race catalysers-BBS RSGTs with Falkens-K&N High Flow Air Filter-Recaro Pole Position seats - Exdos mod - ACS flippers

Comment

Originally posted by brg 990 View Post
      thought it was about time i said hi , i've been lurking around here for the last few weeks doing my homework prior to buying . anyway i have just purchased a 99 cosmos black s50 (schons old car !) and i am for the most part very pleased .its very different from my last car (s1 elise) but gets just as many looks around town ! , it needs a few minor things sorting but nothing too serious hopefully and i'm sure at some point i'll have a few questions to trouble you with . i'm off now to figure out how to soften up the suspension as its a touch on the hard side !!
      welcome to the forum, I think this car has kw v3 adjustable suspension fitted?

Comment

hi guys thanks for the welcome , yes its the kw v3 fully adjustable , its too stiff for my liking ,i think i'll have a play with the settings and see what i come up with .

Comment

Originally posted by brg 990 View Post
          Congrats mate! i just sold my s50 with uprated suspension and i think you'll kick your self if you soften it up but.....Each to their own. Just try to get used to it as I'm sure you will but.....i don't know how hard your ride actually is. Once you do get used to it i guarantee you'll love the hard suspension as I'm sure its a touch too soft as standard- hence why a lot of people up- rate their suspension IMHO PEACE

Comment

I dont want it really soft but a little bit of compliance over the
            rough stuff would be good , makes my old elise feel soft
            by comparison. Sure i can find a good compromise !

Comment

Working...
            X