No announcement yet.

Oulton Park - BMW Trackday - Feb 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Second video. Has a Z4M and Z3M Coupe. Also has a cheeky 3-abreast overtake at 13:00!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmXOWwUo4zE&noredirect=1

Comment

Hi it was good to meet you guys and i had a good second day of driving my breadvan. I think it will make it to a few more track days and a suspension refresh is on the cards

Jason
      BMW e21 track car
      Z3M (S62)
      2.8 Z3 Coupe
      Ariel Atom
      GT86 race car
      Ferrari 348 Challenge
      Merc G500

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
        Not sure, I think the tyres were pretty consistent when it was dry but it may be the case, although as it was cool they didn't overheat which they normally do if it's warm, you sometimes only get about 4 or 5 good laps before they get slidey and overheated.
        Is this for R-compound tyres? At what sort of temperature do you find your tyres get overheated and lose grip? What is their optimum temperature?

The hottest I've seen my Falken 452s on the roads in the height of summer is around 58 degsC, and at The Ring I've had them up to 80degs C.
        /// Exdos ///
        "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Originally posted by c_w View Post
          Second video. Has a Z4M and Z3M Coupe. Also has a cheeky 3-abreast overtake at 13:00!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmXOWwUo4zE&noredirect=1
          Great to watch Please teach me all you know about driving the MC via Vulcan Mind Meld
          Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
          ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
          Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
            Is this for R-compound tyres? At what sort of temperature do you find your tyres get overheated and lose grip? What is their optimum temperature?

The hottest I've seen my Falken 452s on the roads in the height of summer is around 58 degsC, and at The Ring I've had them up to 80degs C.
            It's the R888 r-compound but no idea on the temps - I'd imagine they'll be much higher than most road tyres as they can get very hot to touch on hot days and will pick up everything like stones and rubber off the road. The only road tyre I've known do that on track is the dual compound Bridgestone S-02. But in cool conditions like last week they were really consistent - it's more summer trackdays they go "off" a bit after 5 laps, the grip doesn't fall off a cliff, they just go less precise but they then start to wear really fast too.

Comment

Working...
            X