Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by exdos View Post
    Tom,

I'm sure that in the morning you WILL wake up and find that the side impact has caused you a whiplash injury. Get your own back and put a claim in.
    Sorry, but that's disgusting. Please don't do that.

Comment

Originally posted by exdos View Post
      Tom,

I'm sure that in the morning you WILL wake up and find that the side impact has caused you a whiplash injury. Get your own back and put a claim in.
      Without distracting away from this thread, this is exactly the action that puts everyone else's premiums up and why we are all paying extortionate insurance prices.

It is not right that people like the person that was at fault here will get away with it but unfortunatley the system and people that run have allowed it to get like this.

Hope you get it fixed, cheer yourself up and still get your Eisenmann so its ready to put on once the cars fixed!

Comment

I feel your frustration but that should be your main issue.

For whats its worth I had an almost identical incident albeit quite a few years ago know. Went out for a quite Sunday morning drive in my newly repainted Metro Turbo (don't laugh it was my P&J) when I saw a car pull up at a side street ahead. No problem she has stopped but she then pulled out right into the side of me and pushed me over to the opposite side of the road. She ended up sat in the miiddle of the road crying her eyes out in the drivers seat and my car was totalled down one side. No witnesses as no other cars on the road.
        I ended up comforting her and she was so apologetic. Once she calmed down I followed her to her home to make sure she was OK (she just had a bent bumper and mine was driveable). I arranged to call back later to exchange insurance details once she was feeling better. Turned out her mother had died the day before and she was just not concentrating.
        When I turned up later in the afternoon I was met by her husband who just blatently accused me of speeding and it being my fault and was quite threatening. I said no problem I'll call back with the police later as it was blatent dangerous driving on her part. I could see her in the background and just looked at her. At that point she had the decency to tell her husband to let me in and we sorted things out.

As this was blatently her fault I also went to a claims management company who arranged for me to get a hire car at her insurance cost and I ended up with the car back better than ever.

Sorry such a long tale but the moral is it should get sorted fine. The damage looks cosmetic and easily repairable, its obvious no speed was involved and its your story which makes sense not his.

As much as I detest ambulance chasers there are cases when claim management companies are worth it ie to look after your interests as the innocent victim. My advice would be to get one involved and make sure you get a hire car at no cost to you. In that way there is no time pressure and you can get the car repaired properly.

As much as it does not seem it know you will look back on this as just another of lifes experiences, hassle you don't need but these things happen.

It makes me laugh when people say they have never been involved in an accident as this just proves that its as much luck as anything ;-)
        VIDEO or Journal

Comment

To be fair to Exdos he will most likely be right in saying that in the morning he will fell the pain of the accident whereas just after the event you don't. However perhaps the phrase "getting your own back" isn't the right phrase as the insurance is paying not him and he'll suffer a claim regardless of the payout total.

As said there's the likelyhood of side impact injuries that could legitamately qualify for compensation.

Comment

I was smashed into whilst sat at the traffic lights and pushed into the vehicle infront of me.

I got out and checked the lady in front of me as she had a small child in the rear of the car.
            I then went to check on the lady who had rear ended me.She was red faced and raging that i had backed into her and she had already phoned the police and ambulance.

I couldnt quite believe what i was hearing.. I told her that she had hit me and pushed me into the lady in front.She wasnt having any of it,and just kept on ranting.The ambulance turned up,and i explained the situation to them and they went to the woman,had a quiet word with her and they left without checking anyone.

This happened on a Friday night at 5.45pm..... I went immedietly to a bodyshop that we use for customers cars and under his advice he put me in touch with an accident management company...

8.45am the next morning my insurance company rang me and said the woman has already filed a personal injury claim and did i want to report an accident.?

I put them in touch with the accident managemrnt company i was dealing with and everything was taken out of my hands...

I realise that the AMC will get fee's for doing the claims work for me,but the situation had turned into a nightmate within 24hrs and i hadnt any experience of claims forms as i had never had any kind of claimable accident in 25 years of driving..

Anyway,i won the claim and my car was repaired.It took 6 weeks all in all..People do look at acciedent management companies as vultures and ambulance chasers but i wouldnt hesitate to use one again..

Comment

Originally posted by issproking View Post
              Without distracting away from this thread, this is exactly the action that puts everyone else's premiums up and why we are all paying extortionate insurance prices.
              I'm sorry if my posting appears somewhat cynical in its tone and content, but the whole point of insurance is to cover you for your losses and suffering if any, including whiplash. There was a time when insurance companies used to settle on a knock for knock basis, but those days are long gone and they now like to establish fault and also like to sell you legal cover too. Insurance companies perpetuate the belief that premiums have considerably increased recently because of fraudulent claims, and whilst this may be true in a relatively small proportion of claims (as exposed in some TV documentaries and tabloid press) it is considerably more likely that insurance companies increase premiums from which their management receive inordinate salaries and mega-bonuses as a reward for increasing those profits, by hook or by crook!
              Last edited by exdos; 27-08-2012, 08:53 PM.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Thanks for all the nice words guys. The blokes insurance are admitting liability which is good, and it looks like im going to deal direct with them to save having to pay my excess. They are going to give me a like for like courtesy car and i can choose where the car goes for repair.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for crash repairers in the west yorkshire region? They want me to take it to somewhere called Andrew Bradbury vehicle bodies, however they have no website and i cant find a single review for them.

Comment

Good to hear that you've no hassle arguing over fault, Tom

I used these guys for some cosmetic work on the MC when I got it and was delighted with the quality of their work: http://www.emleyrefinishers.co.uk/

I believe that some local BMW and Audi dealerships send work their way, and they have been used by some Roadster owners for boot floor strengthening work.
                  Not actually in the least bit fat

2000 S50 Titanium Silver / Black
                  ACS Suspension, Exhaust & Type III Wheels
                  Simota carbon air intake | Strong Strut Front Brace

Comment

Originally posted by topgeartom View Post
                    Thanks for all the nice words guys. The blokes insurance are admitting liability which is good, and it looks like im going to deal direct with them to save having to pay my excess. They are going to give me a like for like courtesy car and i can choose where the car goes for repair.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for crash repairers in the west yorkshire region? They want me to take it to somewhere called Andrew Bradbury vehicle bodies, however they have no website and i cant find a single review for them.
                    good news

Comment

Good news indeed. The "like for like" will be interesting to see what you get - keep us posted!
                      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I had my MR repaired earlier this year at Grange Moor Coachworks (01924 840016) and they did an excellent job which I am very pleased with. I have also heard that Emley Refinishers are very good and the two are only a couple of miles apart so take tour pick but if you give Grange Moor a ring ask for Andrew Beckton who's the Director he is a very nice chap and I am sure he will be able to sort you out, just say Ian with the silver MR recommended you.
                        Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                        ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Some progress.

I've just got given this to smoke around in until mine is sorted.

The Z is getting collected tomorrow and taken to a body shop near me called KAG accident repair. They've been about for many years and came recommended by the insurance company.

Decided against asking for it to be done by BMW as the chance of them writing it off due to their labour rates were just too high.

Comment

Knock the DSC button off and hope for rain and it may be fun....!

Good point about the labour prices though.
                            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Unfortunately someone went in the back of mine,shortly after i got it! no question about fault or anything like that,however my hire car was a new z4...really disliked it,anyway after nearly two years they was still arguing about quantum! ie the cost of the hire car" why was i using a prestige BMW???" it wasn't after i told them it wasnt like for like and was actually a lower type of car they went away...however really pleased your sorted !

Comment

Loan cars is a minefield too, as exdos says above its all about squeezing dollar.

My neighbour backed into my m coupe at about 2 mph denting the bonnet below the roundals - so new bonnet and roundals - 1750 quid plus merc coupe loaner for 2 weeks.

Downside - we had multicar admiral policy which says on each drivers no claims that each had a none fault accident claim even tho it wasnt an accident at all nor anything to do with us. So, we pay more for insurance because of this.

Anyway - hope you get your car back and the colour matches the rest of the car - Id be after a total respray if it doesnt. The rear side window will need popping out to do the job properly by the way.

Comment

Working...
                                X