FS: Z4M Steering Wheel - Made to fit Z3M/E36

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Z4M Steering Wheel - Made to fit Z3M/E36

I had started this steering wheel a few months ago, but won't have a need for it in my new car.

Z4M wheels aren't easy to come by with the airbags, and the machining is already done (by Skyler). Plug & play solution, airbag works, buttons do not - not sure how much work is required to get that functionality. BMW sells trim pieces that displace the buttons if that's a route you want to go. Should fit all '98 - '02 Z3 cars.

The best steering wheel I've ever had in any of my cars and one of the best mods you can do for your car. The rewrapped steering wheels are slightly thicker - this even more so, while keeping it OEM. This is a two-stage airbag.

$1350 USD + shipping.

I have several thousand posts on bimmerforums, and have shipped parts to the UK several times via DHL, so no issues there. Contact me at a/p\r/s\e/s at gmail dot com (remove the slashes)

Welcome to the forum.
    Out: 99 S50 Titan Silver V876 KKO
    In: 98 S50 Estoril.......

Comment

Wheel looks great; the best option to take I think!

What diameter are they exactly?
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

The other thing to be mindful of is that later zeds had dual stage airbags which I presume this will have coming out of a Z4 so earlier cars will need some modification I would think.
        Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
        ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

how much ??????
          [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
            how much ??????
            He says $US1350 plus shipping

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              The other thing to be mindful of is that later zeds had dual stage airbags which I presume this will have coming out of a Z4 so earlier cars will need some modification I would think.
              Should just be a case of leaving a wire out when connecting the airbag for the slow stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
                Wheel looks great; the best option to take I think!

What diameter are they exactly?
                I believe diameter is slightly smaller than stock, maybe by .5". The steering wheel is significantly thicker though - and thus far of the best wheel I've held in any car, period.

And yes, I believe the dual stage was introduced in 99'. So 98 cars may need additional modification. I waited about 6 months to get mine done, so these don't come around too often. Unfortunately (or good for me depending on how you look at it) I no longer have my Z3M and moved onto a 997.

some more ideas:

Comment

Also able to ship anywhere in the world, have sent to AU/SA/UK/Germany before.

Comment

Looks like you may be able to get the buttons to function?

Comment

That's amazing.

Comment

Steering wheel is still available.

Comment

still available

Comment

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                            Looks like you may be able to get the buttons to function?

Unless they're module-based you should be able to DIY the button functionality to something. In a Roadster I'd have the up/down arrows to control the roof

Comment

Steering wheel still available.

Comment

Working...
                              X