No announcement yet.

Pricing - what's going on with Parkers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing - what's going on with Parkers?

Hi everyone,

First post - very grateful for any information people can give!

I'm looking to buy an MC and I'm therefore interested in their current pricing. There seem to be a few MCs around at the moment and their relative pricing seems fairly consistent.

However, the Parkers online price guides for used MCs seem to be far lower than the prices people are advertising their cars for. For example, the website lists a 2000/W 50k miler at £12,825 (private good) - whereas that car would probably have £18k or £19k on the advert..

I realise that MCs are scarce (and amazing!) cars and as with all cars their value is how much people are willing to pay for them.. It just occurred to me that if you buy an MC for £19k and it gets stolen, for example, what happens if the insurance company look the price up and say it was only worth £12k ?!

Is the Parkers guide just miles off reality for MCs?

Ben

Yep it sure is! Parkers can be right sometimes. But for unusal or rare cars they haven't a clue. Because it has a BMW badge they treat it as a mass production car and so use general devaluation figure...ie to them it's just a Z3 with a roof!
    As far as insurance goes I'm not sure. But put it this way, I'd be happy to take them to any court in the land to get one over on them if they tried to stitch me up.

Comment

think mark got what he wanted out of his insurance, not the same as the car but hey what is!

you have to show prices of the other cars for sale if the worst does happen!

Comment

Z3 with a roof........NOOOOOOOOO!

thanks guys

Comment

I recently wrote an MC off and without any hassle at all they paid me out at the true market value e.g. what I paid for it. (Think I actually made a few hundred !! )
          2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Originally posted by Spooks
            I recently wrote an MC off and without any hassle at all they paid me out at the true market value e.g. what I paid for it. (Think I actually made a few hundred !! )
            this could be a new business! NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Parkers Guide is just way off in general. Dealers tend to use Glasses guide.
              Cheers,

-Mike

Comment

in italy depends of the seller
                You can find many to 20-23K euros
                The better condition S54 nearly 30.000
                I payed a top condition low miliage last year for 22.500 and now can increased the price

Buy Buy Buy! 8)
                www.fastdrive.org
                S50 black/black-red In Rome
                Front BBK Stoptech Red+Eibach Sway Bars+Kw Clubsport Whit Camber plates+Weichers Strutbar+Agk Urethane front Silent Block & differential Bushing+Tuner Motorposrt Alluminium Rear Mount+Hamann Exaust

Comment

I occasionally download the list of MCs for sale on the BMW Approved website, which is a "snapshot" of current prices, specifically as proof of the value of my car should I need to make a claim for total loss. this list also includes those cars for Sale at Hexagon at the highest of prices
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

it's all about supply and demand, As the supply of good car's get's reduced the demand gets higher as do the prices.
                    James.

Estoril Blue

Comment

Working...
                    X