Not sure ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure ???

Hi guys, well as i said im not sure yet !!! I have a black 2000 v plate BUT she has a hpi condition alert ! The car is a catorgery d insurance right off .Black and orange interior ,hk upgrade stereo , sunroof and all the usual extra's .18000k yes that is correct 17900 to be truthful , she has been perfectly restored by bmw with no cost spared , new vanos and camshaft gears about a month ago , and i love her to bits BUT i also love my baby daughter and her mother too .Seems a real shame to keep such a beauty locked away in my garage .... i do mean the car .so im looking for 17000 , i will get some photo's uploaded over the weekend and if anyone has any questions dont hesitate to pm me ! Like i said im not sure if i really really want to sell but if there is any interest i will let her go to the right buyer !!!As soon as there is a fairly local meet happening i come meet some of the die hard guys to see what they think of her ...

to be honest even with the mileage the price seems a bit hi.
    maybe £15k, £15,500 tops!

Comment

THANKS

Hey thanks for the input , its nice to hear a second opinion , the problem is there is such a vast differnce in prices for this car so its very hard to price them , like the fellow who is selling the s54 for 10500 the yellow one , whey whey under priced in my opinion even with 100000k on the clock .This car is a super car , wat other performance car can you buy for this money ??? subaru ?(UGLY) evo (UGLY) not to offend any owners of course, then we have boxters and tt's just not as quick and extremly commen , i know ive had both !

Comment

I think mileage with your car is largely irrelevant, its the Category D status on it that will be the main problem of selling it but then this doesn't mean it isn't fixed to an excellent standard. Someone must have paid a lot of money for BMW to fix it if it went there to be done!

Comment

damaged after 3 months

The story behind it , she was damaged after only 3 months , if this is the case some insurance policy's automaticly right the car off ,if the repair will take longer than a set amount of time to complete, during the first 12 months .That said you are correect in saying officially she has been written off a Cat D being the least damaged .My biggest argument is how many cars have been faily heavly damaged and repaired but not written off and no one will ever know about it , if there is any interest in my car any inspections are welcome !

Comment

Re: damaged after 3 months

Originally posted by sibeck
            The story behind it , she was damaged after only 3 months , if this is the case some insurance policy's automaticly right the car off ,if the repair will take longer than a set amount of time to complete, during the first 12 months .That said you are correect in saying officially she has been written off a Cat D being the least damaged .My biggest argument is how many cars have been faily heavly damaged and repaired but not written off and no one will ever know about it , if there is any interest in my car any inspections are welcome !
            Yea that is the problem with the system. A HPI report can come back clear because it won't show up if it's had an accident and the insurers deemed it economically viable to repair. I didn't know there was a difference if it was in the first 12months though.

Comment

Sibeck,

One thing that will put people off coming to look at your car is your "not sure" about selling. Is the car really for sale or is it not?

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time coming to view a car (or anything else which is supposedly for sale), when the seller is not 100% prepared to snatch my hand off when I make him an acceptable offer. Experience has taught me that people who are dithering about selling anything are actually looking for valuations only.
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

thats where you differ from most punters looking at the car Ads Exdos... you'd make an 'acceptable' offer
                Rob

My car NOT for sale

Comment

Originally posted by gsi
                  thats where you differ from most punters looking at the car Ads Exdos... you'd make an 'acceptable' offer
                  :) :) :) Agreed.

As I'm sure most have found when you're selling, most potential buyers are just browsers merely pretending to themselves that they're actually buying. I hate selling stuff for that reason.

If you think selling cars is bad, you should try selling horses :!: By the time the "buyer" has looked over your horse and told you that the horse is just one step from the knackers's yard and spent 2hours boasting to you about their successes with horses, and then doesn't even bother to make you an offer, you want to take these people to the knackers yard instead :!:
                  /// Exdos ///
                  "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Yes my car is for sale !

Sorry for any confusion , yes the car is for sale but i am not desperate to sell. For the right money any car can be bought , but i wont except what i deem to be silly offers . I wont be to bothered if there is no interest in my car , ill keep her .But i would like sell the car for the reasons i stated previously its such a shame to see her locked in the garage !

Comment

sibeck

There used to a company called autolign (do a google search) who would inspect your car and if it was done to Insurance standards would change the HPI condition alert from CAT D to Inspected. This may increase your chances of getting the money you deserve for the car if it has been repaired properly.

Comment

Autolign. Yes if you look on their Web Site they can remove the car from the HPI site if it passes all their tests, BUT and this is a big BUT, it will still be on all the other sites including the DVLA database as a cat 'C' or 'D' or whatever.

With the new computerised MoT's the tester will know as soon as he/she inputs the car details on their terminal that it is on VCAR, even if it has been removed from HPI.

Comment

Cat D's are not regeistered with DVLA. Cat C's are marked on the Log book.

Comment

Autolign

I have been in touch with autolign and as stated above the car will still be on the hpi register not as damaged but as repaired , this is something i will seriously consider having done .Even after i have had her inspected by my local dealer ....they offered my 19000 ha ha ha ha but that was not knowing she was damaged and thats just not honest !

Comment

At the end of the day there is really no way of disguising a car that has been classified on VCAR as either 'C' 'D' or 'F' [Fire Total Loss]

Most prospective purchasers are pretty well aware of VCAR.

Looking at prices generally, cars that are on VCAR [Vehicle Condition Alert Register] seem to fetch between 20% - 35% less than equivalent cars that are not. However, it is 'swings and roundabouts' generally because virtually everyone selling such a car purchased it at a discount because of its condition [they either bought it already repaired or arranged repairs themselves] and naturally should expect a discount when selling.

If a car is priced sensibly it will sell, if the price is unrealistic it won't.

Comment

Working...
                              X