Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Clutch

Hi all,

Unfortunately I think I may need a new clutch..........Driving home today have got lots of slip, judder and difficulty changing in all gears.

Cash is a bit tight at the moment so wondered what I am likely to be looking at for a replacement: Parts and fitting. Wouldnt be at a main dealer as not paying 120 quid an hour!

Will try and get the car to the garage this week but would be great to have an idea of what the damage will be beforehand.

All assitance gratefully recieved!

Cheers
    Bob

I was quoted £725 at the stealers and £480 at indy for oem clutch

Comment

its 4 hours labour, plus the part, so about £500 from an indy is about right

Comment

Thanks guys. £500 is better than I was thinking.

Any opinions about weather its best to just go with OEM or to get aftermarket version? Obviously cost will be prohibitive but if its only an extra 100 quid for a sports one it may be worth it...

Will see what prices I can get in the morning i suppose...

Comment

An OEM clutch will be good quality - it might be stamped BMW but will probably be made by someone like LuK, SACHS, or Valeo, any of those will be fine though if you source it elsewhere. But I'd price from a dealer as they are sometimes surprising competitive with some stuff (plus you get a BMW receipt for service history etc).

Comment

I'd put a standard clutch in unless you are running significantly more power as they should last at least 70K if not more so no point in paying more for something you dont need.(unless the aftermarket /sports one is cheaper)
            Ex 2001 S54
            New cars:
            Lotus Carlton
            350Z

Comment

mine is still on its original clutch 172k now!

Comment

Just bought Sachs Sport clutch (415e). Nice to see how it works. Will take time to know, because my car is still in parts.
                S50 - '99 Imola Red/Red-Black
                Mods - KW V3, Powerflex Bushes, Wiechers Strut Brace, H&R ARBs, FOX exhaust, KT4 New Racer 18" wheels, Pagid racing brake pads (yellow), Motul rfb600 racing fuids, untill now ;)

Comment

Cheers, had a price this afternoon for a Sachs clutch kit of £197 including VAT although this is just an OEM replacement and not a sports version.

Comment

Working...
                  X