No announcement yet.

M Coupe undertray covers/fixing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It must be said that these cars are unnecessarily complicated underneath!! Seems like they made up each bit as they went instead of a nice single undertray cover or part of the bumper.

Comment

more pictures,

Comment

front air duct showing fixings,

Comment

Great pics Dave, keep them coming there a great help

cheers
          Ian

Comment

large undertray showing cut out,

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...70&hg=51&fg=75

http://www.ebay.de/itm/BMW-Z3-M-road...item4d0bc155f9

Comment

This is great! i am waiting for the new larger part from the dealers!do you think its possible to assemble first and then fix the lot in one go?also whats with the cut out?its not near the sump plug and my old Knackered one was solid???
              Last edited by kwoffa; 18-04-2013, 06:31 PM. Reason: aditions

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
                This is great! i am waiting for the new larger part from the dealers!do you think its possible to assemble first and then fix the lot in one go?also whats with the cut out?its not near the sump plug and my old Knackered one was solid???
                Mine is one piece also but the part shown on realoem looks to have a cut out?, goes back pretty easy but I did have mine on a lift which will help.

Comment

I think the later parts have the cut out, so if you order a new one you may need to order the extra plate as this has a separate part number?

here's a picture from Wania's journal

Comment

Dave, on my MR there is a small triangular piece of undertray that wraps around the left wishbone mount that I had to remove to get to the sump plug last weekend when I did an oil change. I noticed there appeared to be mounting points for a mirror version on the right side but mine doesn't have one fitted do you know if there should be one. Do you have a picture picture of the complete underside with the undertrays fitted.
                    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                    ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                      Dave, on my MR there is a small triangular piece of undertray that wraps around the left wishbone mount that I had to remove to get to the sump plug last weekend when I did an oil change. I noticed there appeared to be mounting points for a mirror version on the right side but mine doesn't have one fitted do you know if there should be one. Do you have a picture picture of the complete underside with the undertrays fitted.
                      picture of mine with everything fitted,

Comment

Mine looked the same! with the additional part which hooks over,enabling access to the sump plug..i will let you know what the new looks like when i get the call...

Comment

here's the cover,

Comment

Yet another bloody part! what access does it enable?

Comment

Only £5.ish from dealers for the small cover, does it allow access to the sump cover?

Comment

Ahh that's ok yours is the same as mine so I mustn't be missing anything.

Thanks Dave
                                Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                                ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Working...
                                X