No announcement yet.

some M// coupe stats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to figures that I have, a total of 821 RHD S50's were built, and 168 RHD S54's.
    So going by your figures, there are an awful lot missing.
    Surely figures from the DVLA only list cars registered in this country? Perhaps the other cars have been exported and are now registered outside the UK???? :?: :?:
    S54 Phoneix Yellow/Black on Black, ACS Suspension, ACS Exhaust, ACS Short Shift, ACS Front Splitter, ACS Rear Spoiler

Comment

yeah but dont forget the LHD imports, i know not many but maybe as many that have been exported?

Comment

Originally posted by Rags
        Can you just clarify

Is it 544 on the road and 23 sorn?

or is it 23 of the 544 are SORN?
        i believe there are 544 of which 23 are sorn
        so actually on the road is 521

sorry i should have written it a little clearer :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by ron burgandy
          Originally posted by Rags
          Can you just clarify

Is it 544 on the road and 23 sorn?

or is it 23 of the 544 are SORN?

sorry i should have written it a little clearer :wink:
          Thanks for the clarification.
          CLK55 AMG Cabriolet

ex Estoril Blue Z3M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by steve1
            According to figures that I have, a total of 821 RHD S50's were built, and 168 RHD S54's.
            So going by your figures, there are an awful lot missing.

Steve.
            according to research carried out by greenbat earlier this year there were 609 mc's sold in the u.k
            s50 492 and s54 117.
            so therefore there are 65 missing which would be exported or written off.

Comment

I think the interesting statistic here is that there are 23 SORN MC's. Does this figure represent the very low mileage examples that a few car collectors are keeping pristine :?:
              /// Exdos ///
              "Men who try the impossible and fail spectacularly are infinitely superior to those who reach for nothing and succeed" --Napoleon Bonapart

Comment

Good work Ron.

I think there may well be a few in storage for investment purposes. I heard of a e30 m3 Sport Evo that went for about £40k last year. It had about 2k miles on it and spent most if not all its life in storage. I'm not sure if the MC will ever attain Sport Evo status though. A half decent one still goes for £15k.

Comment

I actually exported my e30 m3 and that was SORN and I contacted the DVLA to inform them that the car was leaving the country.

There could be cars that have been exported that are defined as SORN as owners didnt state that they were exporting them

Comment

Nice work Ron. The MC get rarer and rarer. So those selling can actually state their car is 1 of about 544 remanining in the UK! So drive the message to the world!!
                    Cheers
                    Greenbat

Ex MC Owner

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbat
                      Nice work Ron. The MC get rarer and rarer. So those selling can actually state their car is 1 of about 544 remanining in the UK! So drive the message to the world!!
                      Cheers
                      Greenbat
                      And even less if it's an S54.

Steve.
                      2002 phoenix yellow. "V3RY M" lives on, but on another beast.

Comment

... and white

Comment

red is pretty Rare really, unlike that Estoril Blue colour

Comment

Great bit of info !!
                            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

I have asked the dvla if they could break the numbers down into s50 and s54
                              and into colours, so should have more info soon.
                              So now we know how many mc there out there do we actually know how many of these are registered on this forum maybe we could have like a register in the sticky coloum, that way w could keep track of them, when they are bought and sold. it would be something else to add when selling the mc's, e.g member of z3m coupe forum for 3 years.
                              For example i would like to know if anyone on here previously owned my mc so i could ask them questions about it. etc. etc just a thought :)

Comment

Originally posted by ron burgandy View Post
                                i have been doing some diggin around at the dvla and have managed to come up with these
                                figures of how many m coupe are left and managed to break them down into colours (however not into specific colours)

licensed - sorn
                                total 544- 23
                                red 48 - 4
                                yellow 45 - 1
                                green 23 - 0
                                blue 165 - 7
                                grey 7 - 0
                                silver 139- 8
                                white 1 - 0
                                black 116 - 3

this includes s50 and s54
                                Does anyone know who has the White one or where its based...??? Totally Savage Colour....!!!
                                Sytners BMW-Steel Grey S54-Red/Black Leather-Totally Standard.....

Comment

Working...
                                X