No announcement yet.

Big End!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When do you get your MC serviced etc. now?
    98S Estoril

Comment

Well, I DIY some of it and use CPC(Uxbridge) or would consider using Thorney Motorsport.

Chandlers - I just smell incompetence when I walk into their dealership.

I had an e46 m3 and it required some rather elementary warranty work which they had such trouble diagnosing and then the cheek to attempt to get out of paying for it.

Also, despite having obviously invested heavily in coffee machines and internet points, they have forgotten to teach their service department common courtesy IMO.

I was made to wait 30mins before anyone actually said a word to me, its a real pity.

Just because I may have no purchased my car from these guys, does not mean I am not a valid customer when it comes to servicing(yeah right!) or does not mean I may not buy from them in the future...

Anyway, don't let this put you off, I am sure im in the minority!

Comment

If you are in the south, I can thoroughly recommend the Indy I use, he was recommended to me years ago and I've never been anywhere since. He was one of the first mechanics that Munich Legends started with and then left and started up on his own. Years of BMW experience and he races in one of the BMW series as well.
        He's in Beare Green/Capel which is a few miles below Dorking/Box Hill, and a nice 15 min blat through the lanes for me
        His yard/shop is a bit 'rustic' (no Wifi access or coffee points!) but he knows his stuff.

Mark McLelan
        MJF Engineering
        Unit A
        Horsham Road
        Beare Green
        Dorking
        RH5 4PF
        01306 713232

S54 Titianium

Comment

:-( By the sound of it for your £5.5k [no doubt all plus VAT] you will now only be getting a new [or recon] crank, [with associated bearing shells] and probably new conrods, [if a bearing has 'spun' the conrod may be damaged] the conrods are only available in 'balanced' sets of 6. Plus possibly the clutch. Not a very attractive deal at this price. :-(

Comment

Originally posted by flyingsaucer
            The cost incl. 50% parts and labour including the stearing rack and a new clutch is £5.5K. I have been assured that I will be getting all this info in an email tomorrow.
            It would be very interesting to see exactly what their proposals are for this engine. :!: 8-)

Apologies if my posts appear 'vocal' - but it boils my pi55 to see dealers trying to shaft people by preying on their lack of knowledge. :evil: I stand by the warranty statement tho, these cars have the potential to land a dealer bill approaching their value.

A very experienced engine builder that I know, had no experience with BMW engines and fcuked-up royally rebuilding an S50 that had twisted the crank.

Imo the dealer is your best bet as they'll have to warranty a rebuild, not being robbed blind with the cost would be helpful.

The 5th journal/spun shell issue isn't a secret, they'll have come across it, mention it imo. ;) (Not before receiving their details of the req'd work tho. ;) )

Good luck. 8-)
            Simon.

www.bmwrallying.com

Comment

Big End

Hi there, did you ever get this sorted, if so which solution did you go for?

Comment

Working...
              X