S50 Wheel colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S50 Wheel colour

My wheels were refurbished (very badly) by the dealer that I bought the car from around 8-9 years ago in a standard flat silver. The paint is flaking off in places and there is a bit of corrosion, so I took them to BJV engineering today for a refurb.

The chap at the shop suggested that the original colour should be a bright silver finish rather than a flat standard silver. Is this correct?
    '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Yes the original was an almost chrome like finish but don't be persuaded to go for one of these sparkly finishes with high glitter in the paint. There are not many places that can achieve the same as the original finish. I ask him to do a sample for you to inspect before you choose.
    Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
    ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

yup bright silver,

Comment

Originally posted by kwoffa View Post
        yup bright silver,
        Thanks guys. Pics on their website look quite good (albeit on Nissan wheels...)
        '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

I think the original name was "hyper silver" which is very difficult to reproduce but as said most refurb companies will do a bright silver as an alternative

Comment

Silverchrome is what you want.
            Last edited by c_w; 08-08-2017, 12:41 PM.

Comment

These are my wheels in standard unrefurbished colour

They are, as mentioned, a high gloss silver with zero flake in the finish.

Comment

Picked my wheels up on Saturday - the colour is spot on. Look great with new stickers/centre caps and 12mm spacers. Unfortunately they so good that they show up the paintwork, so I had to spend Sunday giving it a polish...!

I would highly recommend BJV engineering (http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/) - did a great job and very reasonably priced, especially if you can deliver the wheels off the car.

Comment

Any closeup pics please?
                  Aceman

Arctic Silver Z3MR

Rocking seats ? You need seat bushes click HERE
                  ///M Badge Refurb available HERE

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Any closeup pics please?
                    I'll try to remember to take some tomorrow morning....

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
                      Picked my wheels up on Saturday - the colour is spot on. Look great with new stickers/centre caps and 12mm spacers. Unfortunately they so good that they show up the paintwork, so I had to spend Sunday giving it a polish...!

I would highly recommend BJV engineering (http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/) - did a great job and very reasonably priced, especially if you can deliver the wheels off the car.
                      I need to take mine back to these guys. The colour was spot on but there are defects in the finish (like a rippling). And it's flaked in a couple of places

Build thread: https://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19347

Comment

Originally posted by mnbrennan View Post
                        I need to take mine back to these guys. The colour was spot on but there are defects in the finish (like a rippling). And it's flaked in a couple of places
                        I had the flaking with my last finish. These look OK at the moment, but time will tell how well they last.

How long ago were they done?

Comment

Only a boy 8 months ago. I should have taken them back at the time really

Comment

A few pics...

20170620_100323_HDR by Simon Knight, on Flickr

20170620_100328 by Simon Knight, on Flickr

20170620_100334 by Simon Knight, on Flickr

Comment

Here are mine. Nice colour

Comment

Working...
                              X