H&R + Bilstein kit supplier in UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H&R + Bilstein kit supplier in UK?

I'm looking to lower the coupe a bit and freshen up the shocks at the same time. This kit from Turner Motorsport in the US looks good value. https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-4...nsion-package/
    I'm struggling to find a UK supplier that offers the same for an equivalent price. Anyone know of anywhere? Or could anyone suggest an alternative for a similar price? I'd like a 30mm drop with some shocks that would be ok with shortened springs. I previously had Eibach's on my roadster and was impressed but don't think they do any for the coupe. Can anyone help?
    1998 ///M Coupe

comes out just over £700 including shipping, that's good value isn't it ?

Comment

Wonder how much the Customs charges would be on that sort of value? Anyone got an idea?
      Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 805 of 821 RHD built

Previous BMWs

2003 E46 M3 6 speed manual - Carbon Black/Black interior.
      2000 Z3M Coupe - Cosmos Black Metallic/Black interior. 692 of 821 RHD built
      1986 M635
      1985 E28 M5
      1983 E28 528i Alpina

Comment

Originally posted by petecossie View Post
        Wonder how much the Customs charges would be on that sort of value? Anyone got an idea?
        Try somewhere like Larkspeed, I've always found them very helpful and competitively priced.
        2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

suspension

I got my bilstein shocks from Europarts, not sure if they still sell them but worth a try.
          Stoney.

Comment

Originally posted by stoney View Post
            I got my bilstein shocks from Europarts, not sure if they still sell them but worth a try.
            Stoney.
            Plus, if they don't list them on their site, call them and be specific, I've found out they don't list everything they can source
            2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

Thanks for suggestions so far, keep them coming

Found this H&R + Koni SSK kit today - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...roduct=2576962

I know people have used H&R springs on their coupes but does anyone have experience of the Koni shocks?
              1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Ian_C View Post
                Thanks for suggestions so far, keep them coming

Found this H&R + Koni SSK kit today - http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pag...roduct=2576962

I know people have used H&R springs on their coupes but does anyone have experience of the Koni shocks?
                I think the Koni fronts are just an insert not full strut?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...wers-rear-30mm
                Last edited by Dave P; 21-03-2016, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Demon Twats do them

you can get a discount from car clubs
                  [GROWING OLD IS COMPULSARY ---- GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

Comment

Originally posted by ragerover View Post
                    Demon Twats do them

you can get a discount from car clubs

Originally posted by Dave P View Post
                    I think the Koni fronts are just an insert not full strut?

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/perfor...wers-rear-30mm
                    How does an insert work? What insets into what? Sounds more aggro than it's worth. I note that Demon Tweeks states that they are an insert but EuroPerformance doesn't.
                    1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

Assuming they are in good condition it's got to be worth putting an offer in on these kW v3's?

http://z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18593

Comment

How does an insert work? What insets into what? Sounds more aggro than it's worth. I note that Demon Tweeks states that they are an insert but EuroPerformance doesn't.
                        I think you have to chop up your old front strut and then the insert fits into it

Comment

I've ended up ordering from Demon Tweeks - with discounts I've got an H&R spring and B8 package for £797 Bit of a wait for despatch (11 days) as I think they have to order from Germany but happy to wait at this price. Came out £200-£300 cheaper than anywhere else I could find this side of the pond.
                          1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

So all my new suspension parts have arrived but just had a thought - do I need shortened drop links with the Bilsteins? If so does anyone have any recommendations? Anything else I'm missing?
                            1998 ///M Coupe

Comment

So all my new suspension parts have arrived but just had a thought - do I need shortened drop links with the Bilsteins? If so does anyone have any recommendations? Anything else I'm missing?
                              I think they will use the standard drop links, Lemforder versions normally on ebay

Comment

Working...
                              X