No announcement yet.

my z3mc up for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have no idea if it is registered as a cat d ... i was never advised of this when purchasing the car.

if it is they've done a very good job at putting it back to original as it drives as smooth as ever.

the reason i put it up for 8495 is so i can get bk the money i spent on it and the little works i have carried out etc.

who ever buys this car is getting a whole of a lot of car for this and a bargain

Comment

You have to pulling my chain, you bought a car and didn't HPI it?!

Best to be honest with these things and save yourself the agro in the long run.

If it's a cat D then it's priced about right but at the price it's at, if it is with no mention of it you'll have people ringing you and smelling a rat, not to mention wasting peoples time by not giving the facts up front.

Personally i'd be pissed off by wasting my time even making the phone call spending money on a HPI if could of been told everything up front in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by z3mcouperacer View Post
        Change the price while you have a chance.

£10,500 is more than realistic compared to other cars around at the moment, assuming it's not a dog which based on the pics it doesn't look like it is.

Yea and tbh you may have more interest at this higher price assuming it's a straight car. Sometimes people think "that's too cheap" and dismiss it!

Comment

So IS IT or ISN'T IT a CAT D?

Comment

Looks like it?

[edited link out to avoid confusion]
            Last edited by W1234; 20-01-2011, 04:08 PM.

Comment

So let me get this right - is Music who posted he had bought the car last September = Wrighty who is selling the car now ? (change of forum name after bought car ?)

Is it the same car (no reg on current pics ?)

If all the above is yes then he knows its a cat D as it was confirmed back in September on here by someone who had checked the car out and stated that on the thread at the time

If it is the same car then it was Cat D'd when it was approx 12 months old, no way that was only cosmetic damage as the car would have been worth £30k at the time surely and so would have been repaired for anything up to c£10k's worth of work rather than written off ?

Everything points to it being a Cat D and the price reflecting that (and therefore the owner knowing that), ie if I bought a stright car for £7.5k last september (ie bargain of the year) and was selling it now I would not be looking to just cover my costs, I'd be looking to make a killing by selling it at just under market value (not massively under)

As said above that price just screams write off repaired so why not confirm this either way in the advert (ie if it is stright at that price I would actually give buyers some comeback and say HPI clear no accident write off as I would have nothing to worry about), what else are you going to say if a buyer asks you, "I don't know" does not wash with me I'm afraid.

Very confused
              Last edited by Jonttt; 20-01-2011, 03:05 PM.
              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Again, looks like it?

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10437

Edit to add - the one that "music" bought isn't the same one as this car.

Edit again - this is ellemore's old car

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showth...?t=9044&page=7
                Last edited by W1234; 20-01-2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Ah I think I've got it stright now

Ellmore sold it to problem child who sold it to wrighty

The "other" Cat D bought by Music was a totally different car mixed up in the thread

So, this car is a Cat D, so priced about right and I guess its now down to the seller how honest he is going to be (if he did not know before, although given the history on here I'm surprised, anyway he knows now for certain ;-)

Extract from Ellmores thread (confirms why it was a cat D as new engine would have been >£10k fitted):

"I was lucky to have had a photocopy of an old v5 doc from the first owner and thought i would write to him, but lucky i found him on Facebook! The guy replied saying he was on a race track and had a minor frontal accident but unfortunately had cracked the bottom of the block therefore needed a new new engine. By the sounds of it the guy wasn't covered for track use so had the work done privately...but I'm still trying to find out as much as i can. he seems to have a fair bit of cash as he said he owns several nice cars but wanted to buy the car back as he said better the devil you know and all that.....

The accident was all the way back in 2001 about 18 mnths after it was first registered so it was along time ago.

I bought the car in 07 with the understanding that the service history had been lost at 21k and had done alot of research since owning the car but couldn't find out anymore about it.....obviously

But now it all makes sense as that was when the engine replacement was"
                  VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Playing dumb with something as substantial as a car being a CAT will make most people run a mile and make the seller look like a complete knob.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonttt View Post

If it is the same car then it was Cat D'd when it was approx 12 months old, no way that was only cosmetic damage as the car would have been worth £30k at the time surely and so would have been repaired for anything up to c£10k's worth of work rather than written off ?
                      Lot's of car's get Cat'd if the owner pushes for it, no different to trying to not have a car written off. He could of had GAP insurance and wanted to walk away from the car with nothing owing after 18 months?

You only have to look at CAT D cars for sale on ebay, a lot are reasonably light damage with some being 59/10/10 plates that would need no more than £10k spent on them, there is a new shape 5 series on there which falls into that category.

Comment

I have always been wrighty never had no other usernames or anything I'm not playing dumb in genuinely never knew until you have just pointed it out and I think we are on about 2 separate cars as mine is not the one posted in the links thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wrighty988 View Post
                          I have always been wrighty never had no other usernames or anything I'm not playing dumb in genuinely never knew until you have just pointed it out and I think we are on about 2 separate cars as mine is not the one posted in the links thanks
                          I've edited my post to remove any confusion.

But Jonttt would appear to have understood the position correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
                            if this is problemchild75/ellmore's marcp's old car then its a mint looking s50 but was on register as cat d? still a nice car.
                            edited to include ....

Comment

I'm not saying its a nice car, it does "look" mint (nb I have never actually seen it) but it is priced for what it is (a cat D) and is not a bargain Z3m coupe it could be interpreted as (including by the first posters on this thread)

I'm sure anyone taking the trouble to view and pay for a HPI to find out its a cat D would be less than impressed it was not disclosed in the advert ?

Does not really matter now if the seller did/did not know this before, he does now so will save him the "embarassment" of a potential buyer paying to tell him ;-)
                              VIDEO or Journal

Comment

JT you may have seen it!, number 2 in the estoril line

Comment

Working...
                                X