Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spacing Wheels

HI All,
    Thought I would write up how to put on spacers for the forum. I purchased a set of 15mm spacers from Rogue Engineering for my rear wheels and 10mm for the front. For me these dimensions fill out the wheel wells quite nicely.
    For the job I used the following:
    1. Spacers and lug bolts
    2. jack and jack stands
    3. bearing grease
    4. breaker bar
    5. scouring pads
    6. WD-40
    7. Metal cleaner
    8. Torque wrench

Jack up the rear using all the usual safety precautions and remove rear wheels

Rogue Engineering has their own precautions against damaged goods in the form of 'eye catching' warning labels that say 'No Returns After Opening'

First remove any accumulated dirt and grime from the hub

Cover the discs and spray cleaning solvent such as WD-40 to loosen up the dirt:

Synthetic scouring pads help

Before attaching the spacer be sure to use a light coating of grease where metal contacts metal

Line up the bolt holes on the hub

If you are keen, give the inside of the rims a good cleaning

I found Amway metal cleaner did the job well

The tricky bit is getting the wheel to sit on the lip of the spacer while lining up the holes to fit the 12mm bolts

Once the bolts are in place, finger tighten, lower and torque

This increased the profile just enough to fill out the wheels wells

Job Done!
    sigpic

crackin'. Tempted to get a set myself!

Comment

we could do with more threads like this, well done soma

Comment

Nice one Soma :-)

Its worth noting that the standard OEM bolts are 26.4mm long so if you fitting anything more than 3mm spacers you will need longer bolts eg 10mm spacers needs 36/37mm bolts etc.....

If you are fitting different spacers depths front / rear you may also need 2 sets of locking nuts for the different lengths but the benefit is you can fit 2 per wheel for extra security (it is pretty easy to get one off, two are a lot harder ;-)

Also you can use the tool in the toolbox as a wheel mounting guide or buy a couple of spares to make it even easier when locating the wheels

VIDEO or Journal

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments guys....happy to contribute. I must say, the Knowledge base over at the Z3roadster forum is an inspiration. However, it would not be a miss to write more threads here specific to the coupe!
          cheers mates
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X