Big Brake Kit's.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spooks View Post
    Very good idea actually as I must admit 15mm does sound like a lot. Seems to be that a BBK on 17s is trouble and would be easier to source and fit with 18s.
    you will have the same clearance issues with 18" or 19" as its the offset which causes the problem as the OEM calipers are tiny compared to Brembo/AP etc
    but the benefits over 17" is larger discs can be fitted.
    Last edited by Dave P; 18-11-2011, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave p View Post
      you will have the same clearance issues with 18" or 19" as its the offset which causes the problem as the OEM calipers are tiny compared to Brembo/AP etc
      but the benefits over 17" is larger discs can be fitted.
      Granted the offset problem is the same but with 17s there is less choice and the choices that do exist mean more machining and cutting of the bits making going back to standard more difficult too. Just not too sure now if its worth the hassle.
      2002 '52 S54 - Titanium Silver with 18" BBS LMs, AP Racing BBK, KW V3, H&R anti roll bars & ACS flippers (previously 2000 'X' S50 - Arctic Silver)

Comment

A quick update - I fitted the CL RC6 super squeelly pads and then didn't have time to do anything else. So went to Bedford not expecting much but a head ache for the amount of noise they made on the drive up.

But I've got to say they were miles better than the Yellow Stuff and once the track had dried out I stamped on them all day with no fade at all. I except it was a fresh day and theres plenty of long straights to cool the brakes at bedford, but it was the same with the EBC yellows and you cannot compare the performance....the CL's are in a different league.

Comment

Glad they worked well! Tbh, you might struggle to better those for outright power. The EBC Yellows are good but they're not in the same price bracket are claim to be a uncompromised race pad like the CLs. The CL RC6 actually punch above the more expensive Pagid RS's but the trade off is that they don't last nearly as long.

Comment

Working...
          X