Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headunit Aux Mod

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone can help me out here. I've just re-installed the original head unit into my Z3m and was wondering if there was any way to attach a AUX jack. I'm a fan of the original look but would also like to be able to play music off of my iPod as opposed to just having the CD changer and can't seem to get hold of a Becker unit at a reasonable price.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Xcarlink do an ipod interface for them

Comment

It is possible to create an AUX in to the CD changer connection on the head unit. I didn't make my own - but was kindly donated an old one from glynmar. It has a toggle switch to allow switching from changer to AUX in.

See:

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7789

and

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10809

For more info...
      '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Just remember that any of these aftermarket iPod adapters will only work with a single CD head unit, not the Tape unit.
        Last edited by siwilson; 22-06-2012, 06:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by siwilson View Post
          Just remember that any of these options and aftermarket iPod adapters will only work with a single CD head unit, not the Tape unit.
          Nope. My adaptor is connected to the Business Tape head unit and works fine - you just set the head unit to CD changer mode.
          '99 Imola S50 | Simota | Front strut | Braided clutch cable | Bilstein B8 and H&R springs

Comment

Although now discontinued I believe you could try and find a "Harman Kardon Drive + Play".

I have one and find it a really useful bit of kit.
            Col N.
            Life is not a rehearsal !

Porsche Cayenne S
            ex Audi S4 Avant
            ex 2001 S54 Titanium, Black
            ex Porsche 968

Comment

Originally posted by Knightrider View Post
              Nope. My adaptor is connected to the Business Tape head unit and works fine - you just set the head unit to CD changer mode.
              Corrected. I followed the links hand a these DIY mods either piggyback the Changer audio-in pins or switch on an aux mode in some head units. The commercial solutions only work for iBus units.

iBus changer connectors

Comment

Thanks very much for the responses guys.

I've got a Philips Business RDS Tape headunit like the one Knightrider suggests.

I've done a bit of searching and have read that it's possible to bypass the tape player and place an AUX input in it's place. I was hoping not to get rid of the CD changer unit as I quite liked still having the option of using it but can't see myself using the Tape player any time soon.

Has anyone done anything like this??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_z3m View Post
                  Has anyone done anything like this??
                  Glynmar adapter the mod in my links above to put a toggle switch between the CD changer and Aux in - so I simply set the headunit to CD changer and use the toggle switch to flip between the changer and AUX - both work fine.

Comment

Anyone ever had theirs make a cd noise with no cd!?

Comment

Working...
                    X